Mysterious Force

So,.. there's this mysterious force that seems eternally hell bent to magically remove "just one" of my socks from the dryer.

So my question to you is,.. what causes this phenomenon?

Is there a special breed of sock gremlins that sneak in when no one is looking? If so,.. what do they do with the socks once they have them?

Is it the combination of heat and the spinning motion of the dryer,.. that cause some sort of local wormhole,.. that sucks them into the land of lost socks??

I'd like to hear everyone else's theorys on the subject,..

.here it is explained (well sort of)

vs_red.gifAnother being called into life in 'Hogfather' appears in the laundry. It looks like a very small elephant with a very wide trunk. The Chair of Indefinite Studies is cross with it. What is it?The Hogfather

The Eater of Socks. The Hair Loss Fairy appears on the Dean's head. The Pencil Eater is a bird with a very odd-shaped bill and the Cheerful Fairy is equipped with a Blue Chicken of Happoness. The Chair of Indefinite Studies is cross with the Eater of Socks because it ate his sock with the flax-reinforced heel. The Eater of Socks is so cute in the film!

Edited by Absolution Black

nope, don't agree. it's a man made conspiracy. you see, the manufacturers and their repair shops need to be in business. so they invented a way to suck in your socks once in a while to break down your machine. did you notice that always the same thing breaks down no matter which dryer (or washer for that matter) you use? it can't be that in all this time all of the manufactorers didn't figure a way to fix this problem. no, my friends, they all conspired to steal our socks and break down our machines so they have more work... of course the sock making industry bosses are in this as well. It's their plot to rule the universe!

Yeah.. first sign of trouble and everyone always looks to the Gremlins.... *Hmpft*

We don't blame ALL the gremlins,..... just you,...:laughing:

Then there's a "sister" phenomenon. I call it the "moving misplacements". In short,.. whenever I move from one house to another, there always seems to be a small percentage of things, (that I know full well that I possessed in the first house), that come up missing. Somewhere,.. in the back of the moving truck,.. between house one and house two,.. they up and poof away in a puff of smoke or something.

Am I the only person this happens to???