snowstorm and marcus

tadaka

He's very situational, against high magic damage he's almost a liability. Still remember playing against him with Colette, Cassandra hit him with breathe fire, cheated in the red joker and between the blasts and his shatter killed him and the two gamin he had pulled into base contact. Only use I see for him is when raspy needs movement shenanigans to achieve strategies. With Marcus you likely won't have any units with frozen heart for him to have synergy with. Better things to spend 11ss on

Well I like him! :)

He's a good do-it-all model: melee and spells, movement and especially blocks LoS with ice pillars. Combined with Myranda she can copy his spell or with Silent One and she increases the range of his spell, cast them on Moleman and have double blast bounce away on the enemy, quite nice. I like big beasties so I like him. He proved VERY useful in a game vs. Levy where I really had to block LoS or die and all he did was cast Ice pillars, but it won me the game I think. As others say though, I'd be careful to use him when there's strong range spell output on the other side.

:)

All of his "utility" actions that you want to take are (1) actions, and he is instinctual.

If he was Nimble, Fast, or even Melee Expert, he'd be situationally good. If those actions were (0)s, he'd be situationally good.

I say situationally good, because as it is, he's still overcosted for his survivability (and remember he had SIX wounds in the book version!). All Arcanist models that get "Eat Your Fill" or similar abilities seem to pay for it by being given crappy wounds and poor defences.

He's very survivable against guns, though. Shame that basically everything of use in Malifaux is either melee or a spell.

Basically, he's the epitomy of a poorly playtested model. Shame he looks so awesome.

Well I like him! :)

He's a good do-it-all model: melee and spells, movement and especially blocks LoS with ice pillars. Combined with Myranda she can copy his spell or with Silent One and she increases the range of his spell, cast them on Moleman and have double blast bounce away on the enemy, quite nice. I like big beasties so I like him. He proved VERY useful in a game vs. Levy where I really had to block LoS or die and all he did was cast Ice pillars, but it won me the game I think. As others say though, I'd be careful to use him when there's strong range spell output on the other side.

:)

Yeah that was very annoying :-/

I dont understand how he is a weak against ranged magic. He has good defense and is in soft cover no matter where he is (so no cheating or souls stoning). Melee magic attacks is were he is weakest against, and Taelor rips his head off without breaking a sweat.

He is more survivable with Tina for the silents ones healing spell. I usually have a silent one near him anyways for the cover benifit.

I dont understand how he is a weak against ranged magic. He has good defense and is in soft cover no matter where he is (so no cheating or souls stoning). Melee magic attacks is were he is weakest against, and Taelor rips his head off without breaking a sweat.

He is more survivable with Tina for the silents ones healing spell. I usually have a silent one near him anyways for the cover benifit.

You're allowed to soulstone even if in cover.

The main bit where he is weak against magic damage is where the magic attack doesn't have the gun/ranged symbol (The one that looks like a gun...) as that gets passed his bulletproof AND the soft cover. Ie, Tina's December's curse would be on a negative flip for cover, and be effected by bulletproof, however collette's magician's duel gets past everything (Bad example I know)