Lady J core list

micahwc

I have been thinking about Lady J and wondering about the following core of models for her. She is on order, so this is all based on theory.

Lady J

4 Guild Hounds

2 Watchers

This comes to 16 stones if my math is correct. I feel like the hounds would benefit alot from Lady J's abillities to raise their combat and give them melee expert. They would offer activation control and, when buffed by LJ, good melee output. They also give Lady J some alphastrike capability. Hounds also do pretty well against resurrectionists.

Watchers are mostly for objectives but offer some card control as well.

At 25 points I would probably add Ryle or an austringer, etc.

At 35 points I would consider adding Lucius, but maybe not.

Any thoughts?

Edited by micahwc

It's a good core of a list, I've seen it used but never used it myself as of yet. I think with this you need to pick your fights carefully and make the most of the companion (guild hound) and companion (master), to activate all the hounds and LJ, have LJ act and kill first for inspiring sworplay and melee expert on the hounds, then strike with all the hounds.

2 Austringers work well at 20+ ss with the hounds. I would always try and squeeze in a death Marshall or two, they give you some solid mid range support and can pack a punch especially when buffed by themselves and LJ.

At 35 definitely consider adding lucius, if you're running a hound core, he's viable at games below that but not as efficient due to his cost. I like another melee model that he can reinforce into place so LJ isn't in the open alone, like the executioner or the judge.

My preferedl lj/lucius 35 is Lady Justice, Lucius, Executioner or Judge, 2 death Marshalls, Nino and a 8ss cache, you could swap out the death Marshalls and Nino for 4 hounds, 2 watchers and 1 less ss in the cache.

Well, I don't own death marshals, the judge, or an executioner.how about ryle or a peacekeeper? I do have Nino and a guardian.

What about this for 35 points

Lady j. And lucius

4 hounds

2 watchers

Guardian

However many stones that leaves.

As an aside, how many stones does she typically use. With lilith I usually run between 6 to 8, which seems maybe a little high.

Edited by micahwc
another question

I tend to run 6-8 with LJ, same as I would do Lilith, I tend to use them for keeping her alive and for boosting attacks when I have to hit, though depending on opponent sometimes the base cache of 4 is enough.

Peacekeeper over Ryle for me, he gets nasty with Paired Cb8 when boosted by Inspiring swordplay, list sounds fairly solid, gives you a cache of 6, or you could swap the guardian out for a peacekeeper and a cache of 4.

I just picked up the Death Marshall box last night and played a very quick basic smack around game to get a feel for them. I loved how Lady J does her thing, and the ranged support of the marshalls was better then expected. I also subbed in the Exorcist just for S&G's and found him lack luster with his 3'' Wk... is there any way around this as i really like his stats/abilities

I just picked up the Death Marshall box last night and played a very quick basic smack around game to get a feel for them. I loved how Lady J does her thing, and the ranged support of the marshalls was better then expected. I also subbed in the Exorcist just for S&G's and found him lack luster with his 3'' Wk... is there any way around this as i really like his stats/abilities

I haven't tried it yet but the Exocist seems like a good fit with Lucius. Once Lucius gets him to the center of the board his pitifully slow walk isn't such a big deal.

as an aside

Given the size of most Malifaux boards 2'x2' or 3'x3' and the size of the deployment zones relative to this why are people so worried about speed except in some games where token recovery is a feature in which case you have something fast in the crew just to do that or dont chose those as objectives.

I believe every crew has something you can use as "cavalry" which is why I have two packs of guild hounds & am looking at somthing I can use with Rasputina for the same role

Board size is 3 x 3 or 4 x 4. Lucius is mentioned because the ability to get lady in charge range on turn 1 is awesome. It's even better when you make her fast while you do it. This is really predictable; but is also a serious threat.

Also, most of the strats and schemes are depedent to some degree on crew speed. Look at all the more powerful masters. Dreamer, kirai, colette, pandora, zoraida, peredta, lilith, etc. All can move very quickly.

Edited by micahwc

How important is lucius for a lady J Crew as I keep seeing him mentioned for her a lot.

Still in testing with him but I feel he adds a lot to Justice's crew.

Lady J is one vicious melee monster and being able to essentially put her wherever I want on the board is very appealing to me. Additionally, I can follow up the next turn by dumping an Executioner into my opponent's crew. Now my opponent has to deal with two very nasty melee threats, both of which are very durable and have the capability to kill their models for attacking them.

Plus, Lucius makes excellent use out of Austringers for board control and Guild Hounds for quick objective grabbing.

Given the size of most Malifaux boards 2'x2' or 3'x3' and the size of the deployment zones relative to this why are people so worried about speed except in some games where token recovery is a feature in which case you have something fast in the crew just to do that or dont chose those as objectives.

I only play on 3x3 boards and I'm mostly concerned about strategies such as Destroy the Evidence, Plant the Evidence, Treasure Hunt, and Deliver a Message. That being stated Hounds, Watchers, a Peacekeeper, and Wardens once they're released all make good, fast objective grabbers for Guild.

I have been thinking about Lady J and wondering about the following core of models for her. She is on order, so this is all based on theory.

Lady J

4 Guild Hounds

2 Watchers

This comes to 16 stones if my math is correct. ?

sorry, i'm probably being a complete noob here, but doesn't that come to 18ss? (3 each for the hounds and watchers)

I know for every two hounds you get a soulstone back to the pool, but I thought that was not to be used to hire models? So you would have paid 18ss, still have 7 left, but could use all of those and then add another 2 to Lady J's pool at the end?

Can someone clarify which is correct?