Need help picking OutCast group

ModollerMorgan

McTavish is built to be with the Gremlins, the 10 Thunders Brothers are built to work with Misaki, I think you could take them both with Gremlins.

I still would recommend you play the Viks over them for simplicity sake.

Mctavish also has some non-gremlin crew usefulness (though I would say he is probably most usefull with them). The 10 Thunders Brothers dont actually have much synergy with Misaki other than Companion.

The Outcasts are a weird bunch. You could take the Ten Thunders Brothers with the Viktorias, and that's it as far as Outcasts (excepting Von Schill... he works better with the Viks anyway IMO). You could hire them into basically any crew in any other faction, though.

Not exactly true, Mctavish can be hired by them as well ( VonSchill can also hire him). If you desire to play Brawls then Vik's are definately the better choice (more partners).

Might do Gremlins since i also want a taxidermist.

Gremlins are a great crew (dont think you'll regret it), if thinking about hiring the Taxidermist I would plan on running a "Pig Boomerang" list with Some'r. It is great fun but can take some getting used to.

Not exactly true, Mctavish can be hired by them as well ( VonSchill can also hire him). If you desire to play Brawls then Vik's are definately the better choice (more partners).

What? No, I'm saying the Ten Thunders can only be hired by the Viks in the Outcast faction. Levi, Hamelin and Som'er aren't able to.

Though the ability to Obey gremlins (especially Some'r and the Lacroix's) is nice, you can only cast it a maximum of 3 times per turn if you already have a Voodoo in play and use Zoraida to also cast it and create another Voodoo Doll during her activation (without also hiring a Doppleganger or finding a way to reactivate Zoraida).

Of course actually doing this is a bit of a pain to set up consistantly each turn (LOS and Range for the Voodoo Dolls being the main problem) and is fairly resource intensive (in cards from the fate deck/ control hand, Soul Stones for Hiring the crew, and Zoraida's & the Voodoo Dolls AP).

It can work but I have found as the Encounter level increases, Gremlin's quickly lose a lot of ground to other crews (especially in Brawls).

Edited by Omenbringer

for some clarity

Som'er can take any gremelin, pig and i think vermin (McTavish is exception, and can be taken).

Ophelia can only take gremlin (McTavish is exception, and can be taken). So no pigs.

Viki can only take merc, so that mean Mctavish is not available.

Vonschills is the same as vikis

Leveticus, I is constructs, undead, souless from any faction

Hamelin, i think is 1HT living only. But i would double check.

Think if the outcasts as a coalition of other groups, instead of a normal faction.

for some clarity

Som'er can take any gremelin, pig and i think vermin (McTavish is exception, and can be taken).

Vermin are hireable by Some'r (with the exception of the Rat Catcher who has a rule preventing it).

Viki can only take merc, so that mean Mctavish is not available.
Mctavish is a mercenary so can be hired by the Vik's

Think if the outcasts as a coalition of other groups, instead of a normal faction.
Very good way to sum them up.