Out of the box...

Krimsonscythe

I have the Ortega box and the Sonnia box. My first game was with Sonnia and my next two with the Ortega box. I have 3 games under my belt. While I believe (maybe I'm wrong as I'm so new to the game), that Sonnia will be a more powerful Master I really enjoy Perdita and the whole "For a Few Dollars More" feel to the Ortegas.

That having been said I am thinking of switching out a couple of the Ortegas for my 25 point learning games for Witchlings. Perdita stays as does Nino. I'm thinking I like Francisco as he can also scrap it up in melee.

The question is do I replace both Santiago and Papa for 2 Witchlings and the Stones or keep 1 of them and just take a single Witchling?

I'm not buying any new models until I have a better handle on the game. So far I've faced Gremlins and the Victorias with Ronin...

I've done okay with the Perdita box as is... Any suggestions?

Eric J

I found that the Peredita box set really needs a melee minion to help it out. Witchling stalkers are cheap, better at melee than anything in the Ortega box set (- Peredita herself), and also have a ranged attack. Critical strike gives witchlings an obscene amount of damage potential for a 4 point minion.

I would rather have the two witchlings and stones personally, but it depends on who/what you are playing. Never take Papa Loco against anyone with obey.

I love the Perdita box. Stopped playing it because I won too much. Papa is the only one I might drop. He is cool, but I've never had any 'big' success with him.

Santiago is a great shootist and is hard to put down. His paired pistols are great in a game that has so much terrain. I've put down some big targets with one Rapid Fire salvo.

Francisco is a great cheap melee guy, but he is extremely fragile. He is a counter attacker. Keep him back, I like to keep him between Nino and Santiago. If someone moves to threaten Nino I put Francisco on that threat. If someone engages Santiago (he is serious garbage in melee) I go after it with Francisco.

Obey him to charge then Flurry.

I'd suggest going with this.

Perdita

2 Stalkers

Nino

Santiago

5 Stones

I'd play that list all day long.

Perdita is also not very needy of SS. So at this point level, I would probably go with a 3 SS pool and add the Enslaved Nephilim Totem to the list. The extra Obey for another shot with Nino or Santi, or a charge from a Witchling is well worth it.

I know you said you didn't want to buy any more models, but the Nephilim is cheap (it's little) and he is almost an auto-include in most Perdita lists. Obey is one of the best spells in the game and he can cast it with a 10 of any suit on one of your own crew (which is his best use). Between the two Obeys and Trigger Happy, I think my record is 8 shots with Nino in one turn.

I'd play that list all day long.

Perdita is also not very needy of SS. So at this point level, I would probably go with a 3 SS pool and add the Enslaved Nephilim Totem to the list. The extra Obey for another shot with Nino or Santi, or a charge from a Witchling is well worth it.

I know you said you didn't want to buy any more models, but the Nephilim is cheap (it's little) and he is almost an auto-include in most Perdita lists. Obey is one of the best spells in the game and he can cast it with a 10 of any suit on one of your own crew (which is his best use). Between the two Obeys and Trigger Happy, I think my record is 8 shots with Nino in one turn.

In fact a buddy of mine who does not play Guild just offered to sell me the Nephilim... Guess I'll take him up on it...

Eric J

In fact a buddy of mine who does not play Guild just offered to sell me the Nephilim... Guess I'll take him up on it...

Eric J

Yeah, dgraz is spot on about the totem. I didn't include it with my original list because you wanted to just use what's in the starters. Basically, you're spending two points to get an additional shot or two off with Nino or Sunny or a free charge with a Witching. All in all it is a very nice addition to the crew.