UK Malifaux Masters Invitational - OFFICIAL THREAD - January 2012

Neverata

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about the only time I've ever agreed with Adam. :P

:)

It's not an insult boys, don't take it personally. Just a fact. You're both good players, you know that, but you also know that the number of people who play truly competitive lists / take this game seriously is, in general, quite small compared to the size of the community.

Cool your heels, no need to get upset :)

I'm not upset, sure we both play broken masters - difference is you chose Sreamer because someone showed you how broken he was, I wrote the book on playing Hamslin broken ;)

Woah there. I've only used Dreamer in 2 tournament games so far. You may not agree with Ian but there's no need for that.

Hope you've not taken offence, it is only pre-fight banter mate. Anyway, you play Lillith so whilst never born are broken, at least you learned to play Malifaux properly ;)

///

I am looking forward to this event though, should be an interesting weekend of gaming. And be good to teach you boys how to play - after all, there's no school like the old school :D

Obviously there are some players that stand little chance of top 4 (or event top 8), but it'll be interesting to see what impact we have on the overall results.

Might even put a red joker in my deck!

well if i take a baseball bat, i can impact the overall results by smacking anyone that annoys me :)

pretty sure passed out players will lose :P

pretty sure passed out non-Neverborn players will lose :P

There, fixed that for you :vb_devil:

Anyway, predictions:

1 Ian O'brien

2 Ant Hoult

3 James Doxey

4 Craig Johnson

5 Aidan Kirk

6 Adam MagicPockets

7 Mitch Harrison

8 Ashley Pinder

9 Tim Brown

10 Justin Plimmer

11 Mike Taylor

12 David Brown

13 Ian Brocklebank

14 Rob Owens

15 Jimmy Balderstone

16 Steve Pretlove

No real science to it, but everyone else was doing it, why shouldn't I :)

There, fixed that for you :vb_devil:

Anyway, predictions:

1 Ian O'brien

2 Ant Hoult

3 James Doxey

4 Craig Johnson

5 Aidan Kirk

6 Adam MagicPockets

7 Mitch Harrison

8 Ashley Pinder

9 Tim Brown

10 Justin Plimmer

11 Mike Taylor

12 David Brown

13 Ian Brocklebank

14 Rob Owens

15 Jimmy Balderstone

16 Steve Pretlove

No real science to it, but everyone else was doing it, why shouldn't I :)

Thanks rob :D might as well grab a little glory! That's why I entered anyway...

well heres my take, no offense to anyone not in the top 4 but this is how i see it

1 - Craig Johnson$$ (well its craig need i say more)

2 - Ian O'brien (apparently a nice a guy, dunno never met him, but everone else seems to put him high up so...)

3 - Ant Hoult (kirai is still and evil mofo)

4 - Tim Brown (i think tim will pull a win in the last match and jump to 4th)

5 - Mitch Harrison (pain in the arse but that doesn't mean he'll lose)

6 - James Doxey (dunno think james may just get steamrollered in the last match pushing him down)

7 - Adam MagicPockets$$ (what can i say :P)

8 - Aidan Kirk (never met so dont know how he plays etc...)

9 - Ashley Pinder (assumeing he's taking colette i think ash will finish ok but looking at whats out there now, just not competitive)

10 - Mike Taylor (dont think i have met (good on faces crap on names))

11 - David Brown (Random Order - it a guess)

12 - Justin Plimmer (Random Order - it a guess)

13 - Steve Pretlove (this assumes i'll win at least one game beyond that the BAR is calling)

14 - Ian Brocklebank (Random Order - it a guess)

15 - Rob Owens (Random Order - it a guess)

16 - Jimmy Balderstone (Random Order - it a guess)

i personally think we should start sat morning with a bottle of jack (or your favorite tipple) each, then everytime you flip a card take a drink... by the end of the first game no one will care if they finish in the top four :P :P

i personally think we should start sat morning with a bottle of jack (or your favorite tipple) each, then everytime you flip a card take a drink... by the end of the first game no one will care if they finish in the top four :P :P

If i knew you'd all just get drunk id have accepted my invite!!

Steve, you can drink my drinks for me!

Given I don't drink and my favourite 'tipple' is a cup of tea I think this may give me somthing of an advantage.

:tea:

Highly scientific prediction method here. Swap rank 1 with rank 2. Swap rank 3 with rank 4. Etc.

1 Ant Hoult

2 Craig Johnson

3 Adam MagicPockets

4 James Doxey

5 Aidan Kirk

6 Ian O'brien

7 Mitch Harrison

8 Ashley Pinder

9 David Brown

10 Justin Plimmer

11 Tim Brown

12 Mike Taylor

13 Rob Owens

14 Ian Brocklebank

15 Steve Pretlove

16 Jimmy Balderstone

Success!

Well done Maelstrom. Now to just remember to bring you the other models you need from us....

yes indeed, well done Maelstrom. Please dont forget otherwise i'll through a girly tantrum and sit in the corner crying all weekend

Adam, love to see you being modest, just like Ant and Ian ;)

nothing new there then :P

Steve, I'm sorry that you put me number 1, but that just confirmed insanity or drunkeness this early...

well i hate (,really hate) to say it but your either a genius at this game, lucky or just so god damn bad everyone in the world takes pity and lets you win :P

Interesting to see all the banter about the 'old' players. Pretty sure me and Newbie are amongst the longest time players having picked it up at Colours when it was launched.

Still doesn't mean we know how to play to win though!

Will post my predictions tonight - possibly...

funny i was talking to Adam about this the other day, you know it sounds a bit sad, but book 1 was the best game/fluff i had ever seen, the models were awesome the rules pretty straight forward...

forums were quite as no one really knew how to play "as it was intended", we just played

ahhhh nostalgia, whats the quote

Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

Feh...I know Craig well enough to know he has a knack for getting the best out of the worst. If he places badly, I'll be surprised.

I usually get lucky, both with dodging the hardest masters and some lucky card flips. It's about time my luck ran out, and everyone is bringing those masters I wanna dodge!