looking to start tina and kaeris

Asphyxxious

Lately I have been wanting to play a caster master that just does a lot of damage. The only caster I really play is pandora making a bunch of often pointless duels to do 1 1 1 1 1. I think it will be refreshing to just blow stuff up with blasts lol. Plus I love kaeris' model and am looking forward to the alt rasputina sculpt. A couple questions though

1 or 2 essence of power? I could just bounce 1 back and forth to benefit both but would restrict movement. Plus painting one like ice for tina and 1 like fire for kaeris seems cool

1 or 2 silent ones? Pretty simple there. Is 2 neccessary with kaeris?

Snowstorm? Would he be more for a tina list without kaeris? That's 19 in 2 models plus 2 essence of power seems like a must at that point being 23.

Fire and ice gamin. Looking at it it looks like you want 1 ice gamin for his damage aura then fire gamin after that?

With 2 strong casters I assume I want 7 to 8 stones every game so I'm thinking something like

Tina. 7ss cache

-essence of power 2ss

Kaeris 8ss

silent one 6ss

Ice gamin 4ss

Fire gamin 4ss

Fire gamin 4ss

Fire gamin 4ss

Am I thinking the gamin are going to be more effective then they are? If so I could drop 2 fire gamin for a second silent one and essence

Thanks in advance

Here is my Raspy list.

Rasputina

Essense of power - 2ss

Silent One - 6ss

Snow Storm- 11ss

Ice Golem- 9ss

Ice Gamin- 4ss

Lots of power, lots of aggro to take off Raspy to get her set up. I like it and it leaves you with 7ss to play with.

My Kaeris list.

Ramos

Moble Toolkit - 3ss

Kaeris - 8ss

Gunsmith - 6ss

Fire Gamin X2 - 8ss

Mech. Rider - 8ss

I run this list, but I have cought a lot of flak for it. People say its too scattered, but I think its versitile enough. Of course, its just an idea. I love Kaeris, but running her as a master, I just feel she is too squishy. I wish I had more SS for this list, but I make do.

Here is my Raspy list.

Rasputina

Essense of power - 2ss

Silent One - 6ss

Snow Storm- 11ss

Ice Golem- 9ss

Ice Gamin- 4ss

Lots of power, lots of aggro to take off Raspy to get her set up. I like it and it leaves you with 7ss to play with.

My Kaeris list.

Ramos

Moble Toolkit - 3ss

Kaeris - 8ss

Gunsmith - 6ss

Fire Gamin X2 - 8ss

Mech. Rider - 8ss

I run this list, but I have cought a lot of flak for it. People say its too scattered, but I think its versitile enough. Of course, its just an idea. I love Kaeris, but running her as a master, I just feel she is too squishy. I wish I had more SS for this list, but I make do.

How does the ice golem work for you. I havnt heard many good things about it. Especially seeing as how kaeris is 1 less ss.

But I agree about running her as a henchman. I like the idea of her with tina. Plus 8ss is a great price for her imo.

My Kaeris list.

Ramos

Moble Toolkit - 3ss

Kaeris - 8ss

Gunsmith - 6ss

Fire Gamin X2 - 8ss

Mech. Rider - 8ss

id suggest dropping the gunsmith adding third gamin and essence of power to link to kaeris

The Ice Golem works pretty well for me. I use him mostly for distraction and softening for Rasputina. And when you stick him with Snow Storm, his mobility makes him better. Usually, he dies, but he dies well. By the time they are done dealing with the cranky Golem, Rasputina is all set up to dish out the rest. Also, his defensive trigger makes him able to go toe to toe with the big hitters like killjoy or mature nephs.

id suggest dropping the gunsmith adding third gamin and essence of power to link to kaeris

Thats not a bad idea. To be honest, I have not been super happy with the gunsmiths. I mostly used them to heal kaeris or draw fire. They just dont do so much damage, and there are so many other things out there that can out move and out gun them.

Thats not a bad idea. To be honest, I have not been super happy with the gunsmiths. I mostly used them to heal kaeris or draw fire. They just dont do so much damage, and there are so many other things out there that can out move and out gun them.

That's kinda what I was thinking about the gunsmiths also. They are really accurate but the damage is kinda meh. Especially since silent one has similar damager and other utilities for the same ss.

That's kinda what I was thinking about the gunsmiths also. They are really accurate but the damage is kinda meh. Especially since silent one has similar damager and other utilities for the same ss.

Sweet. Now ive got a new list to try out. Although, I might drop the essense to give Ramos two more soul stones....I dunno. Ill have to think about that one.

In all honesty, from looking at this list I don't see all that much threat. You have a single bubble contained Rasputina and Kaeris, and the silent one and the gamin, but its just the one area. Its also a little slow which can be problems on many scenarios.

Snowstorm moves the list on mass which can be handy.

But i've only recently started trying fire gamin, they might be better than they look.

The potential healing for Kaeris is pretty good with the gunsmiths and the silent ones and all the blasts availble.

I still worry about how it would cope in treasure hunt or Reconotter.

In all honesty, from looking at this list I don't see all that much threat. You have a single bubble contained Rasputina and Kaeris, and the silent one and the gamin, but its just the one area. Its also a little slow which can be problems on many scenarios.

Snowstorm moves the list on mass which can be handy.

But i've only recently started trying fire gamin, they might be better than they look.

The potential healing for Kaeris is pretty good with the gunsmiths and the silent ones and all the blasts availble.

I still worry about how it would cope in treasure hunt or Reconotter.

Would you suggest running snowstorm along with kaeris? I was just worried that might be too many points in expensive models is all.

Maybe something like

Tina 8ss

-essence 2ss

Kaeris 8ss

Snowstorm 11ss

Ice/fire gamin 4ss

Gunsmith/silent one 6ss

Just as an idea. Model count seems really low though

To use Fire Gamin, I guess its just player preferance. For me, I just use them to suicide on large groups of baddies. Spam the fire tokens while doing some damage. It frees up Kaeris to do her thing. Also, depending on scenarios, I guess their usefulness can change.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Have em run in there and either have kaeris overheat it or have tina bounce decembers curse on it getting free blasts pretty much cheating its resist down. Plus the pulse when it dies. But I havnt actually tried it so it is all theory for me

Just wish I had the models to test my ideas lol. Just waiting on the alt sculpt for tina then ill try most of these lists out. So is it generally snowstorm OR kaeris? Or is both alright

I would pick one or the other. With Kaeris, you should take fire Gamin. You dont have to, but it helps. And then with Snow Storm, you dont need any Fire Gamin. So when you have both, it spreads you out. But if you can make it work, go for it. Nobody has a perfect list. Hell, you might just want to take all heavy hitters.

Agreed, both is too much in under 45ish pt games. I believe they both need some support models, and different ones generally.

Whilst you can blow up gamin to spread the tokens, I haven't come across enough situatiuons where that seems to get me enough effect to be worth the 4 soulstone investmemt in a gamin.

Mind you I'm still struggling to consistantly add burning tokens to models, so I'm not making the most of Kaeris by a long when when I play her.

How does the ice golem work for you. I havnt heard many good things about it. Especially seeing as how kaeris is 1 less ss.

I've found the golem is actually more useful than a lot of people have suggested. It's movement and defense are just awful but he's decent at tying things up for a while. When they inevitably kill it, you get shatter to deal damage. I've even shot it in the back of the head when it was on it's last wound purely to get shatter.

Whether it can be more useful than Kaeris depends on the encounter, opponent and what else you're using. If you also take SnowStorm, the movement issues disappear and you can also get soft cover too to help get into the thick of things without getting killed. Against weaker things like rezzers it's pretty handy but every time I've gone against Lilith with one it's not lasted more than 2 turns.

Agreed, both is too much in under 45ish pt games. I believe they both need some support models, and different ones generally.

Whilst you can blow up gamin to spread the tokens, I haven't come across enough situatiuons where that seems to get me enough effect to be worth the 4 soulstone investmemt in a gamin.

Mind you I'm still struggling to consistantly add burning tokens to models, so I'm not making the most of Kaeris by a long when when I play her.

Alright ill keep them in seperate lists then. Had a feeling it would be that way. I was wondering about the application of burning tokens as well actually. Without a couple fire gamin in seems like it would be hard to get to where you need to be, add tokens, and make good use of them. Even with gamin they aren't exactly incredibly mobile to apply tokens themselves anyway it seems.