Little Alice and her Nightmares

CopaceticVii

I finally finished my dreamer crew!

So glad to have one fully painted crew and I am psyched as to how well they came out. I primarily used washes and inks on white primer to get a water color feel. I switched out the dreamer with a "tough Alice" mini that I liked a little more. Nothing better than a little girl with an attitude standing on a pile of skulls.

The bases were just a nice juxtaposition to the soft colors of the minis. They are from Micro Art Studios.

Cheers!

M

IMG_20111211_211157.jpg

IMG_20111211_212035.jpg

IMG_20111211_211338.jpg

IMG_20111211_211741.jpg

IMG_20111211_211539.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback! Always nice to show off a bit.

The stitched: they were the first minis I finished in this set. Its hard to get the "burlap sack" look just so, and it might be the flash and the dulcoat that make them look wet. I used a bit of wood stain to get a natural color to them, and in person they just look like really dirty cloth.

Alice: Its the pictures. Her face being obstructed from three sides made it hard to paint at times, but at the same time, id be ok with her being the plain unassuming child from which these nightmares come from. But I'm probably still going to take a second look when i get home tonight. I like the dreamer model, but i messed up his face a bit during cleaning and just went with something else that ended up working well.

Thanks all!

M

Thanks for the reply, whilst Alice looks "plain" to my eye, it's only next to the other models, nothing to do with the standard of painting, just the depth. But i have them model as well (which I remembered after posting before) and noticed she is a bit sparse on the detail front :)

I hope you post more of your minis in time as I like your painting style :)