Dodge for Def vs Suit

jademan

Hi I have a question on Dodge, the rulebook says that when you play a card from your control hand to Dodge the card replaces both the numerical and suit value of your puppets Df.

My question is this:- most puppets Df do not have suit values so does that mean that when you dodge you get a suit i.e. your attacker must match that suit or fail. Or is it since there is no Suit in the original Df no Suit is taken in the Dodge.

For puppets with a suit in their Df i.e. Pandora, when you dodge, I would take it that the dodge card's suit would previal over her mask, i.e. if a 10 of Rams was played as the Dodge card would it mean that the attacker would need a 10 with Rams or higher to succeed or would that be a 10 with a Mask?

Appreciate the clarification in advance, thnx

If a puppet with Df 8 dodges with a 4 rams it's defence is 4 rams.

If it's Df is 8 mask and it dodges 4 rams it's defence is 4 rams.

However, if a puppet with Df 8 mask is affected by say Seamus' Scary face (adds a crow to defence) and dodges 4 rams it's defence is 4 rams crow. It's only th original defence value you replace, any modifiers from upgrades or effects are added to the dodge.

You might ask why would you dodge lower, but it can be handy when you know you're opponent hasn't got the suit, or is suit heavy and you want to drain him.

Edited by ThePandaDirector

From my understanding, the dodge replaces the defense in full. So, if the defense was a 7 (like for Bad Juju) and I dodged with a 10 of masks, my new defense for the attack will be a 10 of masks.

If there are any effects that affect the defense (Seamus' scary face adds a crow) those are added to the card used to dodge. So if Bad Juju in the example above also had scarry face fro Seamus, The dodge would be 10 of masks and crows.

Hope that helps.

If there are any effects that affect the defense (Seamus' scary face adds a crow) those are added to the card used to dodge. So if Bad Juju in the example above also had scarry face fro Seamus, The dodge would be 10 of masks and crows.

Hope that helps.

I do not belive this is so. If there is an effect that alters defense it alters the base defense of the model. So if a model's normal defense is 5 masks and is affected by scary face it is then 5 masks crows. If the model dodges the dodge cards replaces the original defense thus negating the scary face effect.

Ya, dodging in the rules says "your puppet's df is replaced by the value of the card you played. All modifiers now affect the puppet's new df." page 21.

So anything that affects df will affect the dodge df.

ThePandaDirector, sorry for posting about the same thing as you. Started my reply then got distracted. Happy to see they were about the same though.

From the FAQ:

If a Puppet is affected by Seamus' Scary Face Ability and chooses to Dodge, does it keep the crowsmall.png in its Defense gained from Scary Face?

Yes. All modifiers to the Puppet's Defense are also applied to any card with which it Dodges. If a Puppet is affected by Scary Face giving it +crowsmall.png to its Defense, and Dodges with the 7 of Masks, its new Defense is 7crowsmall.pngmasksmall.png.

If a puppet with Df 8 dodges with a 4 rams it's defence is 4 rams.

If it's Df is 8 mask and it dodges 4 rams it's defence is 4 rams.

However, if a puppet with Df 8 mask is affected by say Seamus' Scary face (adds a crow to defence) and dodges 4 rams it's defence is 4 rams crow. It's only th original defence value you replace, any modifiers from upgrades or effects are added to the dodge.

You might ask why would you dodge lower, but it can be handy when you know you're opponent hasn't got the suit, or is suit heavy and you want to drain him.

This is correct. :)