Numbers with the Dreamer?

hendybadger

As we are getting into Malifaux properly Im looking to expand my Dreamer crew.

But Im not sure how many of each to pick up.

From the list below, how many of each would you pick up so you have multiple options for a Dreamer crew? And why?

Teddy

Alps

Stitched Together

Night Terrors

Insid Madness

Lelu + Lilitu

Thanks in advance

Teddy im not a huge fan of, so i would only say to get one unless when it arrives you are getting the Weaver widow, who makes them:D

After the alps have been set to a more normal power level, i wouldn't go more than 1 blister, as i havent personally found a use for them, bar sometimes summoning from Coppelius when he does not need to heal something.

Night Terrors 1 or two,(packs) depends how you feel about getting objectives, they can survive a while due to being hard to kill, and spirit. And they are cheap and significant so great:)

Insidious madness, i rarely use to great effect myself so i would just say one for if you need a fast objective grabber, but with the dreamer you can put anything anywhere so not essential, but i think most people will say you can always find a use for it:)

The twins, get 1 of each and see how much you like them, then get another of one or both and see if it works better with more or not. (if you like them)They are great though:) Stuff dies around them:) (Lelu more so, but Lilitu makes people hide a little sometimes )

Just my Opinions for you, don't take anything as Fact hope its useful:)

Read the NB forums, the twins make it into almost every post, they are very good at what they do, but they rely on the other twin being alive and on the table with them to stay alive. If you like the models and like the way they play go for it, but at 28 points + daydreams you wont have anything else in the crew at 30 - 35 stones really.

As for the madness, never played them to much and only have one so not to sure really try it out and see, if it works buy two id say:)

Alps: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25471

Thats where the changes to them are.

I had read before that 2 Madness are good for flanks. What do you think?

Sounds like you're thinking in pitched battle mode here. You don't really have flanks in Malifaux, and *especially* not with the Dreamer, as he just drops models where he wants, when he wants.

Madness are a great complement if you bring other WP based Nightmares (Alps, Coppelius, Lilitu, Stitched) as they can amplify you model's talents by debugging enemy WP.

Also they can switch on their aura Turn 1 before you bury them, and it'll still be active when they're unburied in your opponents face later in the game.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any non-nightmares that are good with him?

Well, just from looking, the Hooded Rider might be fast enough to keep up and can use it's Chase the Sun thing to stop it being targeted on the Way up.

...I think he's the only really viable one. Perhaps a Mature Nephilim might be able too as well?

There are non nightmares that are good, none with any real synergy with him. i would say the best would probably be as stated in the post above a Mature or hooded Rider. Anything that ether hits hard and survives to do so, or hides and grabs objectives, but option two is basically night terrors and Insidious, maybe a terror tot, but other options are better imo so:)

I would say there really isn't a reason other than simply, "I like the model" to use anything but nightmares with the Dreamer, in a competitive sense. There isn't a role that the Dreamer needs filled that can be performed better by a non-nightmare.

Given that some of the best, and most powerful models in the game are nightmares there really aren't any models that work with the dreamer that are non-nightmares.

In the same way that, say, the Malifaux Child can work for any crew, you certainly can take non-nightmare models with the Dreamer. They just won't work as well as models The Dreamer has actual synergy with.