Henchmen upgrades : The Guild

Sliver Chocobo

Oh so it is just a money gouging ploy not a game changing annoyance. That's OK then.

Any new henchmen would be game changing, new special forces type you wont be able to hire both henchmen and minion forms, different costs for the henchmen to the minio and different abilities change how the model work eg Ryle might lose can not connect

I'm thinking all of the lowercase henchmen, like the Judge, Samael, Mortimer, Sebastian, Misaki, etc., should all be upgraded to uppercase Henchmen. That's another part of why I don't think it'll be just a model here and there that gets upgraded, but any eligible models, as a template.

Assuming it hasn't been dropped as an option, book 1's Ronin shows us Drifter, in which they cannot be upgraded to Henchmen. Hmmm, curious. We didn't even know what a Henchman was yet. Just the vague not yet like they also gave us for avatars.

Any new henchmen would be game changing, new special forces type you wont be able to hire both henchmen and minion forms, different costs for the henchmen to the minio and different abilities change how the model work eg Ryle might lose can not connect

Who's to say that their would be a new special forces type for 2nd henchmen? I understand that all book 2 henchmen have a special forces type but that wouldn't guarantee that any subsequent henchmen would.

It would be easier for wyrd from a certain perspective to just make updated henchmen and not have an additional type of spec forces added to each faction because that would solve a lot of issues of the typical complainers that would say "that's not fair I want to take this model (for conversation speak say the lawyer with X but I can't this sucks cuddle wyrd bad blah blah blah,").

But at the same time I realise I'm using logic and reasoning to present this argument and games as most of us all know don't really often use those 2 priorities when it comes to game atmosphere.

Who's to say that their would be a new special forces type for 2nd henchmen? I understand that all book 2 henchmen have a special forces type but that wouldn't guarantee that any subsequent henchmen would.

It would be easier for wyrd from a certain perspective to just make updated henchmen and not have an additional type of spec forces added to each faction because that would solve a lot of issues of the typical complainers that would say "that's not fair I want to take this model (for conversation speak say the lawyer with X but I can't this sucks cuddle wyrd bad blah blah blah,").

But at the same time I realise I'm using logic and reasoning to present this argument and games as most of us all know don't really often use those 2 priorities when it comes to game atmosphere.

It really depends on the henchman and the special forces, we get more than one henchman per forces, but we still might end up with more than one special forces list per faction, gives more reason for the only one special forces type per faction, since only a handful of masters can hire model from more than one special force. That and from a fluff side of view i don't see Mr Hopkins leading a group of guild guard, but do see him leading a group of witchlings

Sam: Obvious choice; as Criid's second, he would be better support to her by having stronger abilities. Unfortunately, she can't spare the soulstones, so he'd have to be one of the less ss reliant Henchmen

Judge: Again, Obvious. Can you imagine him with the ability to use ss, just as is? He'd be terrifying... you'd send ressers crying! His abilities as the stand are awesome. Given a more supportive roll as a Henchman, he'd be unstopable.

'Cisco: One of the most under rated Guild Minions. He should have been head of the family (fluff wise) but stepped aside. So he might know how to use ss... and while 'Dita is super BA in melee, 'Cisco would balance the crew as far as that went.