Help Please

Magnus

Ok, played too much Malifaux and not enough PW.

This may be a simple question so sorry if it's been asked/answered before.

When can I "play" a card from my hand? I'm looking at pg 19 and I think it's clear. Any time I preform an action I can "play" a card from my hand. Is that true? What if I play an ace from my hand?

Thanks

Ok, played too much Malifaux and not enough PW.

This may be a simple question so sorry if it's been asked/answered before.

When can I "play" a card from my hand? I'm looking at pg 19 and I think it's clear. Any time I preform an action I can "play" a card from my hand. Is that true? What if I play an ace from my hand?

Thanks

PWclarification.png

Yes, anytime you play an action you may play a card from your hand.

So, for example, you have an action that says something like:

Action Name (7Ram): Effect: Do something

You flip a card from the top of your deck and you need a 7 and a Ram. Let's say you get the 6 of Rams. You may now play a card from your hand to get the 7.

You may actually play any number of cards from your hand. Add all the suits and select one number to use.

So, let's say you flip the 2 of tomes. Neither part of that helps you.

So you play the 7 of crows and the 2 of rams from your hand. You select one number to use (the 7) and add all suits. So your total is: 7 tomes, crows, rams, which easily meets the 7 rams requirement.

Attacks work slightly differently because you may be flipping multiple cards in the initial step. In this case, select one to use and discard the rest, then play any number of cards from your hand and follow the steps above as normal for an action.

In the case of playing an ace from your hand, it adds double its suit and you flip another card to randomly determine its number, exactly as if it had been flipped.

For more you can see the how to play puppet wars videos, which are linked in my sig, below. :)

Edited by Justin

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, anytime you play an action you may play a card from your hand.

So, for example, you have an action that says something like:

Action Name (7Ram): Effect: Do something

You flip a card from the top of your deck and you need a 7 and a Ram. Let's say you get the 6 of Rams. You may now play a card from your hand to get the 7.

You may actually play any number of cards from your hand. Add all the suits and select one number to use.

So, let's say you flip the 2 of tomes. Neither part of that helps you.

So you play the 7 of crows and the 2 of rams from your hand. You select one number to use (the 7) and add all suits. So your total is: 7 tomes, crows, rams, which easily meets the 7 rams requirement.

Attacks work slightly differently because you may be flipping multiple cards in the initial step. In this case, select one to use and discard the rest, then play any number of cards from your hand and follow the steps above as normal for an action.

In the case of playing an ace from your hand, it adds double its suit and you flip another card to randomly determine its number, exactly as if it had been flipped.

For more you can see the how to play puppet wars videos, which are linked in my sig, below. :)

Am I correct that Dodging is a REaction, not an action itself, and one cannot play multiple cards from their hand to add multiple suits to Defense? That seems the intent.