Jack Daw and the Hanged

Da Big Baws

Who do you guys think makes best use of Jack Daw and the Hanged in the Ressurectionists?

I'm thinking either Seamus due to Wp Duel and Belle synergy or Nicodem due to Bolster Undead, getting Jaw Daw cheaper, and Decay on Undead Spirit shenanigans. Of course, Kirai loves any spirit, but I mean use makes best use of these models.

Edited by Da Big Baws

I usually wind up using The Hanged / Jack Daw with Seamus.

While they do have a s lot of synergy with Kirai, I have a hard time taking them over Von Schill + Librarian.

I can picture them working well with McMourning, but I don't play them much.

With Nico their entire synergy is setting up decay/paralyze. Keep in mind Bolster doesn't help Jack's offense.

I SOOoooooo Hate that mix.

I'm a Kirai player, there's good reason i haven't bought Jack Daw yet :D Kirai alone seems to make people groan (i'm also a Pandora player so dodge some flack regardless)

OT: Though SoulG, i hadn't considered using Von Schill & Librarian yet, as i have them sitting about i might have to try that

Just be careful once you start. But once you do it, it becomes the baseline by which you judge Kirai lists. You start going,"How does this idea stack up to Von Schill + Librarian + Lost Love + Seishin?"

Don't get me wrong, it isn't the be all and end all, and it has issues with strats requiring a lot of significant models. But it is the baseline I use.

For the sake of being on topic!

Kirai + Lost Love + JD + Seishin makes a nice "core" of a crew for some strategies. With some added punch it becomes good at Contain Power. With Night Terrors it becomes a good destroy / plant evidence list. Replacing JD with the Hanged makes for a nice 1-2 punch as well, thanks to Kirai's ability to target WP.

I couldn't imagine taking both JD and a Hanged both with Kirai, though.

I think of Jack Daw as a fantastic support piece. However, Kirai isn't looking for more utility. That's her job! By the time I take 5 seishin and lost love, I find myself wanting to take something big and hard hitting... not more utility.

While I do understand that I can summon damage dealers (like shikome), I also like starting with some muscle. I'm scarred to run a completely utility list and rely on summoning to supply all my serious damage dealing. Am I just worrying for nothing or is this what other people think?

I feel the best place for Jack Daw and the Hanged are in a Pandora list. I think that would be a fun core group to try out and experiment with. But I digress. This topic is about Resurrectionists, not Neverborn.

Also, I've heard people mention Von Shill and the librarian in a Kirai list before. I can see the librarian... somewhat. But how does Von Shill work out? I mean, is there any synergy with Kirai, or are you taking him just because he's freaking Von Shill?!