Out of Faction vs. Mercenary ss cost

NBmaster

Question

So If i am running a Zoraida crew and I hire Hamelin The Rat catcher as he is a mercenary, which also gives me the ability to hire Nix the bull terrier as he can be hired by a crew containing any Hamelin model, will it cost 7ss Nix's ss cost or will I have to pay 8ss as he is being hired out of faction. I thikn 7 my buddy thinks 8. This question also applies to Malifaux Raptors in a Zoraida crew, or guild austringer crew, Night Terrors in a Dreamer crew etc. etc.

Edited by NBmaster

6 answers to this question

Er nope, you got it slightly wrong, Nix can only be hired in a crew that contains Hamelin, but having Hamelin doesn't automatically allow you to hire Nix. Actually I think the only Master other than Hamelin that can get Nix in their crew in a Scrap is Kirai as he's a spirit.

When ever you hire outside of faction you pay 1 extra SS unless the ability that allows you to hire them specifically says at no extra cost.

Eg Nicodem's ability says "may hire Undead from any Faction, at no additional cost", Night Terrors say on their card "may be hired by the Dreamer, at no additional cost".

Hamelin's Dog: This model may only be hired by a crew containing any Hamelin model. What does this mean then? Why would it say ANY Hamelin model as opposed to Hamelin the Plagued. does it mean that if you hire Hamelin the rat catcher with Viks or Von Schill you could also hire Nix as Viks and VS would be the only Outcast master/henchmen who can hire Nix. Or as you say Kirai, but she would have to hire Hamelin to hire nix.

Forgot about Leveticus Ratty, Nix is also Soulless.

Hamelin's Dog: This model may only be hired by a crew containing any Hamelin model. What does this mean then? Why would it say ANY Hamelin model as opposed to Hamelin the Plagued. does it mean that if you hire Hamelin the rat catcher with Viks or Von Schill you could also hire Nix as Viks and VS would be the only Outcast master/henchmen who can hire Nix. Or as you say Kirai, but she would have to hire Hamelin to hire nix.

Vik's cant take him because Nix isn't a Merc and Von Schill cant take him because he is neither a Merc nor Freikorps.

Edited by Omenbringer