Gunsmith + Zoraida ?

Korrova

I was looking over an opponents cards tonight in a game and came upon the Arcanists' Gunsmith. I noticed that it has a Willpower of 4, and was thinking that it would be cool in a Zoraida based gunline.

I came home to play around in Ratty's Crew Creator, and the Gunsmith is not shown as available to Zoraida.

Am I missing something, or is the crew creator wrong?

Yep she can take them, the Crew Creator has been edited.

About 95% of the time when people go the Crew Creator is wrong, I get a lot of PMs1, it's actually right. But there are a 5% of the time where I've made a data entry error.

If you are not sure bring it up and either it will get fixed or I'll point out where your going wrong.

1 It's amazing how many people think Ramos can take all Guild Constructs, when he can only take two of them.

Edited by Ratty

Ya, I was wondering this myself. Then again, depending on the ruling in another thread, I almost wouldn't want to take it since then I couldn't have my wicked dolls.

Pfft, Zoraida got on just fine without Wicked Dolls for more than a year. Depending on the strategy (as always), losing the ability to summon a Wicked Doll is a small price to pay for some of the Special Forces models you can take instead.

Once I finish a few of my existing projects, I definitely intend to buy a Gunsmith for Zoraida. They're an excellent shooting minion, which is something the Neverborn tend to lack.

As a Arcanist (Rasputina) playing against Zoraida, I see one of her strengths being her flexibility. Zoraida does not have a best minions type like Pandora or Lilith, but can use whatever is best for your Strategy. So if a Gunsmith works for you, by all means, bring one!

As for the Gunsmith, I think it's a good minion for the price and have replaced the Ice Golem with one. With the custom ammo and Gunfighter ability it is a more versatile minion than the IG.

Ever since my primary opponent got Zoraida, the games have been more interesting, regardless of winning or losing. I'll have to return the favor and finish my Ramos crew, and when it arrives, Kaeris, and mix it up for him.

Gunsmith is a nice pick for Z- flexible ranged support for 7ss- you cant say fairer than that! However, there are 2 slightly pricier outcasts to look at too.

1)Von Schill- Sure he is 10ss but he is one of the best henchmen out there! Especially with Z not overly needing too many stones I think he is a great companion for her. (Although beware SF rules if you want to take dolls)

2)Sue- plays very differently to the others and would normally be a pick for someone like Kaeris, but offers us some excellent range and support abilties, including a few offensive ones which have shadows of Sonnia about them...! He only costs a single ss more to us than a GS and offers some funky shizzle. Also his "man in black rule" re wicked models clearly states "may not be hired in crews containing wicked models". For me, that clearly says nothing about later summoning them later in the games. If that is the case, this guy will take up von schills place if I ever fancy summoning wicked dolls into play (which I believe you can't do-the debate is so huge im still unsure to the final ruling, but I beleive you cant summon them if you hire VS?)

In short, VS and Sue (especially Sue, as he is close in SS cost) both offer similar roles, so I would eventually get all three and pick the best for the mission!

Mcdoogle