Kaeris and Snowstorm

CannonFodder

I tried a game with Kaeris and Jonah and didn't get very far trying to get Johan to knock someone threw fire. It was vs a Perdita crew so Jonah didn't get close enough. The biggest flaw in that is the you need to place the Fire pillars behind the target and then charge (threat range 9) with Johan. But you need to start within range of most ranged lists.

But if you play a fire and ice list, you can use Kaeris to drop fire pillars at max range then move Snowstorm up and pull the enemy crew forward 2 inches. Best part - 6 damage, no resist flip, no line of sight, longer range.

I tried a game with Kaeris and Jonah and didn't get very far trying to get Johan to knock someone threw fire. It was vs a Perdita crew so Jonah didn't get close enough. The biggest flaw in that is the you need to place the Fire pillars behind the target and then charge (threat range 9) with Johan. But you need to start within range of most ranged lists.

But if you play a fire and ice list, you can use Kaeris to drop fire pillars at max range then move Snowstorm up and pull the enemy crew forward 2 inches. Best part - 6 damage, no resist flip, no line of sight, longer range.

but you have to make sure that kaeris drops the flame walls 1" from enemy models, but 1 question, if you let someone stop inside a flame wall, he gets the damage, but what about if he activates inside 1, he gets 3 damage again? would be funny :D or throw the back and forth in the flame wall. 2" forward, 2" back, with some luck 1 model has 2times 6 damage,

I'm game to try this :D but 19ss to try this little combo,, is heavy.

but you have to make sure that kaeris drops the flame walls 1" from enemy models, but 1 question, if you let someone stop inside a flame wall, he gets the damage, but what about if he activates inside 1, he gets 3 damage again? would be funny :D or throw the back and forth in the flame wall. 2" forward, 2" back, with some luck 1 model has 2times 6 damage,

I'm game to try this :D but 19ss to try this little combo,, is heavy.

This is one of those situation that the game rules don't make sense in comparison to reality, but needs to for simplicity sake. You only take damage for entering the fire pillars, nothing for activating it. So in theory your opponent can stay there use it for cover to retaliate with no penalty.

This is one of those situation that the game rules don't make sense in comparison to reality, but needs to for simplicity sake. You only take damage for entering the fire pillars, nothing for activating it. So in theory your opponent can stay there use it for cover to retaliate with no penalty.

is it only entering? or moving through?

but even so, still a nice tactic.

what list would you use in a fire and ice combo?

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Rasputina
--
8 Pool

+ Rasputina, Avatar of Famine
[2ss]

Kaeris
[8ss]

Essence of Power [2ss]

• Fire Gamin
    [4ss]

• Ice Gamin
    [4ss]

• Snow Storm
    [11ss]

or

Rasputina
--
8 Pool

Essence of Power [2ss]

Kaeris
[8ss]

• Ice Gamin
    [4ss]

• Silent One
    [6ss]

• Snow Storm
    [11ss]

or something else?

I would try the following, I prefer the Wendigo as a point model to drop ice pillars. The extra reach he gives by not being in contact with Rasputina is something I like. EoP if that's your preference. 1 Ice gaming for the :aura, 2 fire gamin because of the burning tokens to boost Kaeris, also I like the 8 inch charge when things get too close. Don't forget within 4 of raspy Kaeris gets frozen heart, and benefits from the ice gamin Aura. another bonus from all the gamin is you have a change of out activating some crews, which is another reason I put in the desp merc. But take him out if you want more SS.

Rasputina
--
4 Pool

Wendingo [2ss]

Kaeris
[8ss]

• Desperate Mercenary
    [2ss]

• Fire Gamin
    [4ss]

• Fire Gamin
    [4ss]

• Ice Gamin
    [4ss]

• Snow Storm
    [11ss]

I would try the following, I prefer the Wendigo as a point model to drop ice pillars. The extra reach he gives by not being in contact with Rasputina is something I like. EoP if that's your preference. 1 Ice gaming for the :aura, 2 fire gamin because of the burning tokens to boost Kaeris, also I like the 8 inch charge when things get too close. Don't forget within 4 of raspy Kaeris gets frozen heart, and benefits from the ice gamin Aura. another bonus from all the gamin is you have a change of out activating some crews, which is another reason I put in the desp merc. But take him out if you want more SS.

Rasputina
--
4 Pool

Wendingo [2ss]

Kaeris
[8ss]

• Desperate Mercenary
    [2ss]

• Fire Gamin
    [4ss]

• Fire Gamin
    [4ss]

• Ice Gamin
    [4ss]

• Snow Storm
    [11ss]

Rasputina+Kaeris+4 pool is bad. Raspy really wants 8.

Ideally you should drop Snowstorm and replace with Gunsmith, 4ss and a spare point. Can eat into your cache for a second Desperate Merc or exchange both Mercs for an extra Gamin, or upgrade a Gamin to a second Gunsmith instead. Or get the avatar in there somewhere if that's your thing.

Basically the magic happens when you stop taking Snowstorm :P

Basically the magic happens when you stop taking Snowstorm :P

I think your missing Cannonfodders point for his list. It seems to me he is looking for a way to toss people around in and out of Fire Pillars to do the bulk of his damage.

I agree, Raspy with low stones is not a great idea. By the same token, I am guessing that Raspy is only in this list to get Snowstorm.

Not the most competitive list, but I think it would make for a fun and interesting puzzle-like game, trying to work out angles and movement.

I agree, Raspy with low stones is not a great idea. By the same token, I am guessing that Raspy is only in this list to get Snowstorm.

Might down grade a fire gamin to a Desp Merc for 2 SS. I really believe the ability to out action you opponent is important. You preferably want to target an activated model with this, otherwise your opponent can see the fire pillars before the storm.