Sandwich's Seamus Twisting Fates Review!

Sandwich

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should also add the Carrion Effigy to the analysis, being able to nuke immunities with it will help Seamus quite a bit, having undead not be immune to morale tests anymore for example makes bellow of the big bastard even better and I tend to have a lot of leftover corpses with Seamus which can heal a few models.

The problem with that is that four 4 SS you get a minion that is very easy to kill & needs to be within 4" of whatever you want to strip the immunity from. Looking at it, that ability is something I've wanted in a Seamus crew for awhile, but the minion being frail and needing to be close, & preventing you from taking any Horrors makes it not too great IMO.

If you are going to take the Carrion Effigy I think you should be taking it for the eat Corpse Counters for healing flips ability. He still has to be close, but you can at least get more utility out of him. Anyway that's my 2 cents, I'm curious to see what Sandwhich thinks.

Playing pro-Carrion devil's advocate: The only saving grace is that it doesn't need LoS to strip immunities and it can fly, making placement somewhat easier ... hide in or behind terrain, enjoy the 8" pie plate. I wish it's Wk were a little higher for this purpose, but 5 isn't bad. Too bad it can't Perch like a Vulture. 6 of anything to cast, so no need to commit precious high cards and suits. Hard to Kill at least stops the one-shot kill. I don't foresee ever going for the 2+Slow severe w/ magical poison, though. Hell, even sticking it's beak out for a ranged attempt seems dodgy. Df 4, Wd 4, no other defensive abilities, it'll fold like a wet napkin to pretty much everything, even on weak damage flips.

Otherwise, yeah, keep him with your crew, keep him hidden and safe, enjoy the healing flips assuming you don't need the corpse counters. Sounds good for Kirai (who doesn't need counters) and Seamus (who can do without more than a few and really needs immunities to disappear). Hard sell for McM and Nico, both of whom need counters and other special forces (Rogue Necro, etc) to really shine. I could see him being useful in a defensive role; set him up somewhere safe, put up Diminished Resistance, force the enemy to advance into it to claim an objective.

Edited by Hatchethead

I'm liking the conversation. :)

On the Effigy, it scares me a little bit.

On the one hand, stripping immunities with absolutely no resist is very powerful and could potentially make A.Seamus an unstoppable Terrifying monster.

On the other hand, it completely excludes you from Horrors. has mediocre defensive stats that become worthless defensive stats when you realize that your opponent realizes without the Effigy, your crew capabilities drop by about half against quite a few crews.

I believe, however, that if you manage to keep it close to Seamus, it'll end up being invaluable as long as Seamus is in melee with a couple dudes.

As for the Wk of 5, Molly can make it Wk 8, so that makes it crazy mobile.