Using the Pigapult

Wyrrn

In my experience the pigapult is invaluable. Not only can it blow the crap out of things by firing Pere (Sholto once took out almost my entire crew doing this) and explody piggies but it's also great for certain strategies, firing gremlins all over the place to grab objectives.

Just don't use it when Bete Noir is floating about, she loves this thing as much as gremlins do :D

Hmmm...just had a whacky thought (and probably a stupid thought, too, I'm sure). Since the Pigapult has the "Gremlin" characteristic, it can be pulled along by Ophelia using "Oo, Its a Girl" (I think that's the one).....And while the Pigapult may not need to move much in a game, perhaps it could be mobile cover for the other Kin? Ophelia pulls it along, the Kin follow keeping the Pult between them and their opponent, as needed until they attack.

Like I said, whacky and probably not sensible.

Hmmm...just had a whacky thought (and probably a stupid thought, too, I'm sure). Since the Pigapult has the "Gremlin" characteristic, it can be pulled along by Ophelia using "Oo, Its a Girl" (I think that's the one).....And while the Pigapult may not need to move much in a game, perhaps it could be mobile cover for the other Kin? Ophelia pulls it along, the Kin follow keeping the Pult between them and their opponent, as needed until they attack.

Like I said, whacky and probably not sensible.

Correct.

• 1 month later...
Thread Necro:

Ophelia can't HIRE pigs. But she can hire cheap bodies in the form of 2ss Bayou Gremlins, and she can hire the Taxidermist who can turn corpses into stuffed piglets...true?

Yes, this is true. I've taken the Pigapult with Ophelia before. I usually use it against Levi and if I have deliver a message. I use it mainly to fling gremlins around. I've found that the Kin are going to serve you better in most games than the pigapult/gremlins/taxidermist you will hire in their place.

I think it's too many points/wasted actions for ophelia to kill the gremlins for the counters, then summon the pigs, not to mention, what will the taxidermist do after you've made your 3 (or however many gremlins you killed) pigs? I wound up having to fling him across the board so he wouldn't be just sitting around doing nothing

I am thinking of trying this out at 40, as I've done everything I can think of with my gremlins besides 'pults and taxi's.

Outcasts Crew - 40 - Scrap

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
3 Pool

Ophelia Lacroix
[8ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Pere Ravagé
    [5ss]

• Pigapult
    [4ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Stuffed Piglet
    [3ss]

• Stuffed Piglet
    [3ss]

• Stuffed Piglet
    [3ss]

I shall inform of it's progress.

Thread Necro:

Ophelia can't HIRE pigs. But she can hire cheap bodies in the form of 2ss Bayou Gremlins, and she can hire the Taxidermist who can turn corpses into stuffed piglets...true?

Not really worth it since Ophelia has no way of replacing the Bayou Gremlins she kills for the Taxidermist into Stuffed Piglets. She also has no way to really move the Stuffed Piglets into position (outside of the Pigapult). Lastly, the SS cost for the necessary models is going to diminish the effectiveness of either e Gunline or Kin list (aside from being really telegraphed).

Yes, this is true. I've taken the Pigapult with Ophelia before. I usually use it against Levi and if I have deliver a message. I use it mainly to fling gremlins around. I've found that the Kin are going to serve you better in most games than the pigapult/gremlins/taxidermist you will hire in their place.

I think it's too many points/wasted actions for ophelia to kill the gremlins for the counters, then summon the pigs, not to mention, what will the taxidermist do after you've made your 3 (or however many gremlins you killed) pigs? I wound up having to fling him across the board so he wouldn't be just sitting around doing nothing

About the same experinces I've had.

I am thinking of trying this out at 40, as I've done everything I can think of with my gremlins besides 'pults and taxi's.

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
3 Pool

Ophelia Lacroix
[8ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Pere Ravagé
    [5ss]

• Pigapult
    [4ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Stuffed Piglet
    [3ss]

• Stuffed Piglet
    [3ss]

• Stuffed Piglet
    [3ss]

I shall inform of it's progress.

This list will be great for turn 1 or 2 Assasinations (if the cards flip well anyway), but lacks to much focus for anything else.

Main problems are Some'r isn't going to be able to build up Bayou Gremlins fast enough for Ophelia to lead a decent Gunline or replace the ammunition for the pigapult. You wont be able to recycle the Stuffed Piglets as they wont be leaving Corpse Counters. Lastly this is going to be very AP intensive to keep going thru a game.

Not really worth it since Ophelia has no way of replacing the Bayou Gremlins she kills for the Taxidermist into Stuffed Piglets. She also has no way to really move the Stuffed Piglets into position (outside of the Pigapult). Lastly, the SS cost for the necessary models is going to diminish the effectiveness of either e Gunline or Kin list (aside from being really telegraphed).

About the same experinces I've had.

This list will be great for turn 1 or 2 Assasinations (if the cards flip well anyway), but lacks to much focus for anything else.

Main problems are Some'r isn't going to be able to build up Bayou Gremlins fast enough for Ophelia to lead a decent Gunline or replace the ammunition for the pigapult. You wont be able to recycle the Stuffed Piglets as they wont be leaving Corpse Counters. Lastly this is going to be very AP intensive to keep going thru a game.

What do you think would be a more sustainable list to use the 'pult and Taxi? I've used the search and don't see many people's experience yet, I've played my gremlins in other methods through over and over and wana try these guys now.

What do you think would be a more sustainable list to use the 'pult and Taxi? I've used the search and don't see many people's experience yet, I've played my gremlins in other methods through over and over and wana try these guys now.

A more sustainable list for this would be something like

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
3 Pool

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Pigapult
    [4ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

You have plenty of Gremlin Fodder to turn into Stuffed Piglets. This will allow you to soften up the enemy with the Pig Boomerang, while building up a squadron of stuffed Piglets to Assasinate key models. The best part is, if this doesn't work well, then you can easily transition to a Gremlin Gunline and/or Alpha Stank.

*headdesk*

Of course! That's how you get around Levi!

There is also the Bacon Bomb Assassination (though Levi needs to have the initiative to really assure victory).