Green Stuff Question

demkoenig

One of those GW strips would be more than enough for a single man-sized if you don't mix more than you need at one time.

But honestly, if you can drop around $15-17 or so and you may not mind waiting for shipping, I would go with the much larger tubes from Gale Force 9 over the GW strips. Not only is it more for your dollar, but the way GW makes the strips, you end up wasting a bunch where the green and yellow parts connect down the center. GF9 keeps these colors separate. I've found the tubes at my FLGS too, so maybe yours might have it if you have one in the area.

If it must be green stuff, I'd go for the tubes of separate colour too. Or you can buy it in metre long strips from other companies (Tiranti in the UK, for example).

But if you're going to sculpt from scratch, I actually much prefer Fimo Classic. You can work on it for as long as you like, then bake it for half an hour and you're good to go. Takes a little getting used to but the detail you can get into it is much finer. Just don't get the white one, as you can't see what you're doing! Champagne colour is ideal.

Super sculpey and Fimo seem to be the choices of the sculptors that do boutique resin minis (McVey studios and the likes). It comes down to sculpting style and preference which one you use in the end, but they both hold fine detail better than green stuff in general. We are talking really fine details though, teeth on 20mm humans and so on...