Anyone use Killjoy with Watcher?

robk

Was skimming through some Killjoy threads and it occured to me that the watcher might be a perfect delivery for him.

Has anyone used a watcher to drop killjoy on the enemy?

If so what were the results and any tips other than keeping the watcher out of LOS until you want killjoy on the table.

Killjoy is not unkillable. I feel dropping him too soon just allows your opponent to focus on killing him then move on with the rest of the game while you just lost a third of your force.

I think dropping him turn 3 is nice, that way the rest of your crew is in threat position so your opponent doesn't know which way to go.

I agree with dgraz, most crews would be able to wipe kill joy out before he did any real damage, than you are down a lot of ss of army, would slow down a crew so you could focus on getting an objective but probably not worth it. A death marshal is probably guilds best delivery system.

Good idea though, it would likely work once and then never work again. Too easy to see and to easy to counter. Keep it as a trump idea on treasure hunt. I bet it will work. Keep in mind I grudge killjoy and now you have to think is it worth giving them 2 vp?

Killjoy-Minion-Outcast

Blood Sacrifice:

Do not deploy this model at the start of the game. All models in its Crew receive (1) Sacraficed. On or before the fourth turn, sacrafice this model and summon Killjoy to its location. All models in Killjoy's Crew lose (1) Sacrificed if this model is not summoned by the End Close Phase on the fourth turn, it cannot be summoned and counts as a casualty fo VP.

Does the normal summoning rules apply here? Meaning within 6 inches of the model sacrificed and receives slow? The part in the above listed paragraph states, summon to its location? Leads me to believe there is something else going on here.

I do think this could be an interesting tactic against the Dreamer Turn 1 strike. Especially if you were lucky enough to draw a few high mask cards for onslaught, to counter his soulstones.

If I thought I could take the dreamer out on Turn 1 to limit his crews mobility for the rest of the game, I think I would sacrafice the 2 VP that my oponent would put on his head. I would counter that with Assasinate. If I did take the dreamer out, I would be halfway to my 2 VP.

Honestly I would not count on dreamer being assasinated by killjoy. I would count on killjoy being killed and my opponent getting vp. Onslaught only works if the attack goes through, you can count on dreamer having at least 5 soulstone to cheat defense higj enough and if that doesn't work shadowy form is another thing that will keep him alive.

Killjoy has a low defense making easy to hit. Slow to die and eat your fill are awesome but easy to counter. Don't put low wound model near after he activates. Killjoy in all honesty isn't a great need for guild. We have much better models to choose.

I think you glossed over the tactic without considering a bigger picture.

Shadowy form is only going to help him IF he placed him right so that he is in Killjoy's melee range making him instead of the dreamer as the actual target. This has been ruled and discussed recently. If Killjoy is able to charge the dreamer and stop 2 inches away and NOT be within 2 inches of the daydream, then the dreamer is the target not the daydream.

I would not attempt the killjoy strike unless I think I can get Killjoy within 2 inches of the dreamer and not the daydream. The reason being that after you kill the daydream he would be able to unburry another nightmare and prevent you from striking the dreamer with melee expert.

Killjoy at CB7 vs Dreamer DF2 means there is more than a chance that you will be hitting him even if he stonned. This is all card dependent. The dreamer player may have drawn a mediocre hand and you may have drawn an above average hand. If I got lucky and drew three 10+ masks, I would be tempted provided his daydream was out of position.

Just based on my experience of dreamer players that I have faced, they dont like to spend too many stones keeping the little boy alive. They may spend 1 or 2 max. If I get one attack through and start dropping masks to go onslaught more often than not they would let the boy die and save the stones for chompy.

I agree this is not perfect by any means. It may give the dreamer player pause just by you hiring killjoy with a watcher or 2 on the board.

It could be a fun gimmik to try in a non-tournament setting.

Death Marshalls are less than ideal. They have Intractable: This model cannot be sacrificed or buried.

As far as killjoy I can see it as an alp counter. Take a slowed model that would die on its next strike or walk and drop killjoy away from the dooming in a better position, maybe where he can off an alp or 2 on the next activation.

Death Marshalls are less than ideal. They have Intractable: This model cannot be sacrificed or buried.

As far as killjoy I can see it as an alp counter. Take a slowed model that would die on its next strike or walk and drop killjoy away from the dooming in a better position, maybe where he can off an alp or 2 on the next activation.

Good catch on death Marshall.

@Sharp object, I didn't gloss over keep in mind there will likely be activation between killjoy and opponent unless is dumb enough to kill watcher which holds very little threat. So that means a daydream can rush in to killjoys melee and a nightmare can replace it with a high defense.

It is gimmick move against dreamer who would be able to ignore it now, you have a giant beast in backfired that a mobile army can ignore. I see your point on def 2 vs 7 cb, but odds still favor def 2 with ss and if I sack one stone to be able keep him alive and jump ship then it is a stone well spent.