My Malifaux Log:

Lordgimpet

a good friend of mine once told me: never trust a man whose shirt is darker than his tie... re-worded it would go something like... never trust a man whose vest is darket than his suite... cool stuff..

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

spriit is awesome too... nice touch making the skele slightly darker than the white flames to make them seem really intense!

HAHAHAAaa yeah I would not trust him either, The skelle is heading in the direction id like I may need to go over him a bit as he looks a little grey in some parts and lacks detail.

Ooo! Nice spirit thing! Probably the best one I've seen yet.

Thanks again It means a lot as I was this >< close to replacing it with a spare sorrow fig I have lying about if I could not pull off the look I was after.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ive been naughty and let my painting slip abit with MMOs lol

However I did get some progress.

P1010144.JPG

put them on bases now Huggy is almost done just final touches here and there. jacob is only tacked in place for now as i cant decide to do OSL or not from the spirit.

P1010145.JPG

a close up of huggy with my not so leet camera skills.

• 6 months later...

Cough, Cough, Blowing the dust off this thread as I have been able to paint some more Malifaux, this time It's my Tara Crew. I feel kinda dirty painting some thing that is not Neverborn.

I do apologise for the poor quality pics, Had to use tablet cam due to regular camera malfunction. I will take better pics once I have fixed the camera and probably finished the Death marshals by then also.

I chose a no-colour scheme for the Nothing Beast as he is essential the manifestation of pure nothing. the wretches are cast off from the big guy so followed suit.

Tara and Karina, I decided to have their clothes drained of colour, to appear being influenced by the Nothing beast and Oblivion. as well as to fit them with the rest of the crew.

the wasteland bases act as a contrast.

20130929_183225.jpg

20130929_183257.jpg

20130929_183325.jpg

20130929_181559.jpg

Well as promised, some pics of better quality,

First my Death Marshals.

Actually they are about 90% done, as I need to finish the bases, add some weathering powders and give the flames and some other details a final pass over.

I am kinda chuffed how the coffins turn out. As I wanted to have the Ol' pine boxes actually made of pine.

P1010203.JPG

Karina and Tara

P1010207.JPG

Wretches and Nothing Beast

P1010211.JPGP1010213.JPG

And it all together.

P1010215.JPG

Edited by Lordgimpet

And now for something completely different.

P1010217.JPG

WIP so far and still deciding on the final base colours. I normally don't post pics this early as a lot can change.

I may use this as a proxy for avatar candy (I have misplaced mine) in which I may have to change palette completely to fit with the crew.

• 1 month later...

So now I have put Real life on hold for the moment a bit of an overdue update.

First I finished this.

P1010238.JPGP1010239.JPG

had a bit of drama with this finishing up as the clearcoat I used was not what I normally used

as I had run out and I just had to be lazy and use what was there. as a result it reacted causing some bleeding in the pigments. I salvaged most I could, with what I could not only appear in close up photos.

Next, after Mako started a thread on freehand participation, I took the opportunity to take part improve my confidence at freehand on minis.

This was what I did for the activity.

P1010240.JPG

Coming away from this, I decided to try something more malifaux orientated. So my next mini for free hand was Barbaros. I chose him as while I was base coating him I noticed that one thing that hand sculpted metal cast has over the CG plastics is detail definition.

On Barbie what was frustrating for me was the lack of muscle tone which would result in having to paint on details exaggerating the muscles. To break this up I decided to add glowing tattoos to his skin, which I then started to darken to create a contrast.

this was the result.

P1010268.JPG

P1010269.JPG

P1010271.JPG

• 1 year later...

Wow its been ages since i posted here, but anyway time to add to it,

This year has been a challenge as I have decided to move to a new faction away from neverborn (i feel so dirty)

and so have been working on my Arcanists.

and with 3 crews down so far. Colette, Proxy Iron sides, and Raspy. who is next i cant decide.

so some WIPs

starting with some bases,

upload_-1.jpgupload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

the base inserts are from a place called Iron halo, they are from thier Deus-ex Machina range. and really suit my models well

i plan to use this an a majority of my Arcanist models.

some actual models now

upload_-1.jpg

this was taken back in may hours before i packed to flyout to USA to kick ass in Califaux. It is the first two crews i completed. Colette and Ironsides.

upload_-1.jpg

showgirls and some sundries, including a December Acolyte sneaking in, I got called all sorts of names for using him but I pointed out that I am only using one of them at least.

upload_-1.jpg

And my Ironsides crew, at the time the actual crew was not available so I cobbled some together and got a crew 3d printed, while i got the whole box crew produced in that way I only needed Toni and 2 mages for the trip. they were a big hit by those that saw them first hand. and kind of a shame i have to replace them with legit ones eventually.

upload_-1.jpg

this is a pic i took in the US with the custom display bases i made for them as well as my 3rd place trophy (was on top table last round but ties the game ) oh and speaking of third place

i entered a model in the Draconic Awards and took out another third place

upload_-1.jpg

back to Arcanists

just finished today was my Raspy crew,

i plan also to take pices of the others like this one and will update at a later date.

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

enjoy

hmmm what master to do next I wonder..

• Like 2

Hopefully the last of my December crew, to paint for a while

here is the missing totem from the other pics as well as my practice piece,

its the LE performer I used a test model for colour blend before used on snow, what I intend to do is finish the model off and use as my ice dancer. her ice skates were kindly donated by a Dark Eldar who had no use for his daggers, once i finish her That is it and moving onto either Ramos or Kaeris,

upload_-1.jpgupload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg