Witchling Stalkers Overview and Tactics

cerealkiller195

Its a nice write up, although you misquote the CB, as its at 6 for melee.

Witchlings are quickly becoming my favorite of the favorite. It might be partly because the only avatar I have is Sonnia, but still, Witchlings are in any guild crew I take at the moment, for their melee prowess and the host of special abilities. Scout is the one that comes into play the fastest, and every so often reflect magic surprises a person I play against.

One thing worth noting hunter specifically see terrain effects so it doesn't see threw obscuring at 6" it only see's threw obscuring 3" like every other model in the game. Right now their are only 2 things that "ignore" obscuring hans and austringers.

Search the rules forum for obscuring terrain and you will see the rules marshall ruling on this.

First of all thanks to everyone who read it, second:

@Halflingspy I didn't meantion CB in the article at least I can't spot it, which part in particular?

@Odin, so the Witchling cannot see through 6" of obscuring terrain? because that was the intention of what I wrote. I know he cannot see through 6" obscuring but he should be able to see through 6" of obscuring terrain the way his ability is written.

@Headcase, is there any particular reason you cannot discard those counters? On page 18 of the rules manual it even says "When a Spell calls for discarding counters, the model removes the appropriate number of Counters from the game".

First of all thanks to everyone who read it, second:

@Halflingspy I didn't meantion CB in the article at least I can't spot it, which part in particular?

@Odin, so the Witchling cannot see through 6" of obscuring terrain? because that was the intention of what I wrote. I know he cannot see through 6" obscuring but he should be able to see through 6" of obscuring terrain the way his ability is written.

@Headcase, is there any particular reason you cannot discard those counters? On page 18 of the rules manual it even says "When a Spell calls for discarding counters, the model removes the appropriate number of Counters from the game".

I'm not positive but I know in the rules marshal forum there was a official post on it saying hunter is specifically about terrain I would suggest looking it up its been awhile and I don't want to misquote it.

Sorry, Can't read blogs at work so I haven't read the article.

The V2 dispell magic reads

"Discard 1 counter or end one effect on target model. Wounds on the model or counters carried by the model can not be discarded"

wait so why would it reference it twice? It says it can discard a counter, it HAS to target something that has a DF value which can only mean other models right? But it directly contradicts that in the next sentence?

*edit okay so is the intention discard 1 counter not carried by models but otherwise use DF when ending effects?

Edited by cerealkiller195