Colette Crew

Wormstrum

i love the color choices here. the blues and blacks give them an almost goth look, but without changing the essence on the model. i mean, it doesn't look like you were solely inspired by "The Crow", but i think you get my point. haha.

anyway, the ladies look great. i hope your Coryphee arms come soon. i to am waiting on an arm.

Edited by Twizz666
type-o

Oh my, these look absolutely delightful. Love the expression you gave to the second Performer and Cassandra's blue lipstick is a stroke of genius! The doves look excellent and the Mannequin "skin" is awesome.

Despite the dark scheme, you've managed to retain some flamboyance to these, which is no mean feat.

Seriously, superb work - love 'em!

while he is a beast to play (pardon the pun) Marcus was my favorite crew to paint. i went nuts with the source lighting and got to use some colors i haven't used yet. you will certainly do him justice. good luck!

EDIT: i do have a question for you. Having just finished a Showgirls crew myself and having a mess of a time with the flesh, how did you get yours to look so smooth? you did a fine job, and i would like to learn the ways.

:hail:

Edited by Twizz666

There's a great article over at bolter and chainsword on how to paint Magmatraxx. The "wet layering" technique he describes is what I aspire to. I don't have it perfected yet, but that single write up helped me immensely.

Once you learn the basics of the technique, it just boils down to color selection and figuring out where you want to place the highlights. Light theory for minis was one of the hardest concepts to get my head around, because you have to paint with an assumed light source on a three dimensional object that will never have a fixed light source outside of photos.

Typically, I just place my imaginary light source straight above the model and go from there. But like I said, its still not perfect....yet.