The Warmongers Present: NYC Malifaux Tourney - 35SS - 32 Players - Nov. 12th

Guy in Suit

I have an unnavoidable work conflict come up and cannot run the event. We are trying to wrangle up a new TO, but in the interim the event is postponed until further notice.

The venue will still be open for free casual play on the 12th, so you should still a good chance of getting in a fair few games.

Edited by Guy in Suit

Tournament Schedule

10:30 - Check in and pairings (If bringing terrain please arrive at 10:15)

10:45 - Round 1

12:45 - Lunch

1:30 - Round 2

3:30 - Round 3

5:30 - Decks down and prizes

Prizes will be given out for:

1. Master of Malifaux (Highest Differential)

2. Cunning Strategist (Highest total VP)

3. Best Painted 35SS Crew

4. Best Painted single mini

This is an OPEN scrap tournament. Players select their Master at the beginning of each round with no restrictions. (During this event you may play Masters/Henchmen from different factions as your leader each round.)

Hiring restrictions are then based on the master selected as normal, i.e. Lady Justice may select Guild models and mercenaries; Zoraida may select Neverborn, mercenaries and models with Wp 4 or less, etc.

Painting is not required but will be rewarded with bonuses throughout the day. (Those who came to the Spring event know how this works.)

Each round will be organized as follows:

1. Tables are announced. Discuss terrain with your opponent.

2. Each player selects their Master and players reveal their selections simultaneously.

3. Players flip for their Strategy on the core encounter chart simultaneously. After the results are revealed players may decide to spend the SS to re-flip. (Both players decide whether or not to re-flip before the second flip is made.)

4. Players select their 35SS crews

5. Flip for deployment and then deploy

6. Select up to two schemes per round. Master and Faction specific schemes are not allowed. You may only select each scheme ONCE during the tournament. Write down your selected schemes on your Player Card BEFORE announcing.

Scoring will use the differential method from Gaining ground with total VP's as the tie-breaker.

Rules Changes in Effect - READ CAREFULLY

PLEASE bring a copy of any obscure rules marshall ruling if you wish to cite it during the event. Otherwise the Rules Manual trumps all.

Stitched Together The model triggering 'Does Not Die' counts as killing this model for scenario purposes. 'Creepy Fog' is treated as terrain for the purpose of determining Line of Sight. (AKA models with Hunter can see 6" through the fog, etc.)

Jack Daw does not grant either player additional victory points

Malifaux Rats may not make (1) Interact actions

I am open to changes or additions to this list if reasonable arguments are presented. These will be locked down and final one month before the event on October 12th. Please propose and discuss any changes in the thread here publicly. I will not discuss via PM, thanks!

Edited by Guy in Suit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Fair question - I don't play either, but am interested all the same. Also, may be bringing more players from NJ with me; what's the expected turnout looking like at the moment?

We lost about a half-dozen or so regulars because this is the same weekend as NEWCC (Even tho this was scheduled first... bastards...) Right now it looks like we are at about 16 players. Bring more!

• 3 weeks later...