The Pockets and Drake Malifaux Road Trip

magicpockets

I thought it would be cool to start a thread ahead of next weekend's adventures which we can update as a kind of log of the trip, games we play and people we meet - and also whether my Smart Car survives. So here it is! :D

For those of you who don't know (assuming you also don't care ;)), here's what's happening -

* Friday evening we head up to Leeds from Milton Keynes (150 miles / 250km)

* Saturday 10am we take part in the Leeds tournament until about 5pm

* Saturday evening we drive down to Folkestone (275 miles / 450km) and stay in a "quaint" hotel

* Sunday morning we get the Eurostar to France and then drive to Burning Tree in Belgium (120miles/200km) for another 4 round tournament

* Sunday night we drive back across Belgium, France and into the UK to come home (290 miles/460km) arriving Monday early morning

* Monday night we're back at our local club for more Malifaux!

So that's a 835miles/1360km round trip in all - not counting driving to our local club :D

The plan is to update with pictures and reports along the way, but we'll see how that goes - especially on the Sunday :)

Any ideas for soundtracks and/or radio stations in France/Belgium very welcome!

- Adam

The plan is to update with pictures and reports along the way, but we'll see how that goes - especially on the Sunday :)

Any ideas for soundtracks and/or radio stations in France/Belgium very welcome!

- Adam

love the idee :D i'm sure to visit this thread often :)

aah, on sunday, you can expect a warm Belgian greeting :D (with beer offcourse)

in belgium, radio stations depend on what your music style is,

Q-music: they play populair music, not bad, but annoying sometimes

studio brussel (stubru): a lot of different style, from pop music, to a show with some classics (rock) and in the evening they play some dance music, my personal favorite

radio 2: a lot of classics and "old" music, i like this sometimes

those are about the 3 main radio stations

and you can always bring some cd's :) i believe that when you leave your country, some good ol' cd's do the trick :D

A nice idea for a thread and best of luck on the journey! And in games, too, but if I have understood correctly, you don't need much luck in those :)

Which faction are you taking?

Thank you, and I always need good luck ;) I'll be playing with my new Hamelin crew (apologies all round in advance) and Ash (Drake) will be taking his Collette crew (and I'll apologise on his behalf now too :))

Good Luck dude!

Thank you :)

love the idee :D i'm sure to visit this thread often :)

aah, on sunday, you can expect a warm Belgian greeting :D (with beer offcourse)

in belgium, radio stations depend on what your music style is,

Q-music: they play populair music, not bad, but annoying sometimes

studio brussel (stubru): a lot of different style, from pop music, to a show with some classics (rock) and in the evening they play some dance music, my personal favorite

radio 2: a lot of classics and "old" music, i like this sometimes

those are about the 3 main radio stations

and you can always bring some cd's :) i believe that when you leave your country, some good ol' cd's do the trick :D

CHeers for that, whilst we will be taking CDs I thought it would be cool to do radio as we move across Europe - until we get some Europop rubbish :P

Edited by magicpockets

And if I don't there's always best painted :P

Hahaha, that made me laugh!! lol

Next weekend is going to be awesome, assuming we survive!..and yes I do apologise for using Colette, she is just soooo good!!!! And the act im waiting for Kaeris to do my Ramos crew....

And most importantly, the Belgian Beer!!! So want to do the Belgian Beer Festival too at some point....priorities you see tongue2.gif

OOOH!!! busted :smugpuppet2

:lol: To be honest wasn't a great big secret anyways ;)

I would suggest listening to episode four of the Bayou Broadcast and the Aethorvox. *wink*

Shameless plug aside that's a great shout - I'll download them and burn them to CDs. Cheers Dom :)

EDIT : All downloaded. Now to be kept company across Europe by the lovely tones of ukrocky.... :P

Edited by magicpockets