Sliver Chocobo

Just a quick question

I can imagine lots of ways of how Avatars can effect the Fluff(In both good and Bad ways)

So what are people's first inpression of them in the fluff

*No Spoilers please*

Rather than keep ranting about Perdita, I'll talk about one I actually kinda like.

Nicodem's. Everything about this guy screams "Lord of the Dead", which has long been his goal. Despite not really enjoying Manifestation on paper, I really want to play this model.

What do you mean? 'Splain, please! :)

Are the masters perminately in their Avatar form

Is there a difference in their personality (master and Avatar)

Do they talk about transforming from one to the other

Is transforming similar to going super sayain, in the way they can just turn it on or off, or is it more than that

Do they even enjoy transforming

There are exceptions.

However, I thought it was pretty explicit in the fluff that they revert to normal. On the one hand: you have Book 2 where the Event transformed literally every master and some individuals we haven't seen yet, not to mention some that have untapped potential we didn't consider (i.e., Francisco, Candy). With few exceptions, they each reverted to normal. Now, in Book 3, they manifest, stomp around for a while until their energy dissipates and then they deflate. Notable exceptions are Perdita and....um....that's it. Sonnia is different, too, but that's because she's consumed by the Tyrant. Oh, Leveticus is screwed up, too! Those are the exceptions. Any I missed?

The Avatar bio entries should make all of this pretty clear if the core storyline doesn't.

Are the masters perminately in their Avatar form

Is there a difference in their personality (master and Avatar)

Do they talk about transforming from one to the other

Is transforming similar to going super sayain, in the way they can just turn it on or off, or is it more than that

Do they even enjoy transforming

LOL, my first thought was to answer: "yes, no, and both."

:P

There are some that seem to relish the transition, and others that fight against it. Some that seem to have made a permanent change of sorts (or at least, the change was still evident at the end of book 3), while others turned back. Then again, like in Seamus case, it seems as though his change would have been permanent if not for the interference of other characters. Doesn't seem like manifesting is the same for each character, that's for sure.