Pack sizes & pricing

Ferb

Hi,

I've been buying the box sets you produce and I'm very happy with the pricing and quality of your products. However now I'm starting to buy extra moels to add to the starter sets I've come across some issues. This isn't meant as a rant against Wyrd just some suggestions you may want to consider.

First I'm wanting to add some Stitched Together to my Neverborn. Now Stitched are a Rare 3 but if I want three I have to buy two packs of two so I end up paying for a model I can't use. For those of us on a limited budget this is a problem. For situations like these can you please make single models available.

Secondly could you look at the pricing of some of the HT1 models. I've just bought a Voodoo Doll. In the UK they retail at £5 (about $8). This seems a lot to pay for what is basically a 20mm wargame figure with a card & plastic base. I understand some of that price is shipping to the UK & taxes etc but even so I was very disappointed when the model arrived with what I got for my money.

Overall I'm very happy with Wyrd products and the quality of your customer service just wanted to make these comments.

Ferb

Hi,

I've been buying the box sets you produce and I'm very happy with the pricing and quality of your products. However now I'm starting to buy extra moels to add to the starter sets I've come across some issues. This isn't meant as a rant against Wyrd just some suggestions you may want to consider.

First I'm wanting to add some Stitched Together to my Neverborn. Now Stitched are a Rare 3 but if I want three I have to buy two packs of two so I end up paying for a model I can't use. For those of us on a limited budget this is a problem. For situations like these can you please make single models available.

Secondly could you look at the pricing of some of the HT1 models. I've just bought a Voodoo Doll. In the UK they retail at £5 (about $8). This seems a lot to pay for what is basically a 20mm wargame figure with a card & plastic base. I understand some of that price is shipping to the UK & taxes etc but even so I was very disappointed when the model arrived with what I got for my money.

Overall I'm very happy with Wyrd products and the quality of your customer service just wanted to make these comments.

Ferb

FWIW, you really don't need more than 2 Stitched together to play pretty much any games. If you really want all 3, then the best bet would be to find a friend who wants the 4th one. ;)

Wyrd is going to package some pieces together like that specifically to try and keep costs down. If they put every figure in its own blister pack, then they would end up being more expensive in the end. So, you can't have both. ;)

FWIW, you really don't need more than 2 Stitched together to play pretty much any games. If you really want all 3, then the best bet would be to find a friend who wants the 4th one. ;)

Wyrd is going to package some pieces together like that specifically to try and keep costs down. If they put every figure in its own blister pack, then they would end up being more expensive in the end. So, you can't have both. ;)

And they're already well under the prices for any of the other nice miniatures games out there. (Not that there are very many good ones...Wyrd & PP are the only two good lines I can think of...)

Freebooter's Fate is a good game, and the fluff is... well, it's fantasy pirates, nothing more and nothing less, but quite fun. I recommend you try it sometime. :D

I'm huge on the fluff aspect of games. Bad fluff and/or lack of fluff is a huge turnoff. It's one of the reasons I don't play Warhammer FB/40k. The fluff is dull. (That and no Squats.)

It's also the main reason I love WM/H and Malifaux so much. Their fluff writers are awesome. Especially here at Wyrd.

It's also the main reason I love WM/H and Malifaux so much. Their fluff writers are awesome. Especially here at Wyrd.

I love the Malifaux fluff as well, but hey, victoriansteampunkwildwestgothichorror is not for everyone. I guess what I'm trying to say is that when it comes to fluff, the truth often lies in the eye of the beholder, and that whether something is "good" or "bad" is often more a matter of taste.

If you didn't already, I would suggest reading the Freebooters Fate fluff if you like anything about pirates - it's not as much about what is written, but how it's written. Any BTW, sorry for derailing the thread...

I'm huge on the fluff aspect of games. Bad fluff and/or lack of fluff is a huge turnoff. It's one of the reasons I don't play Warhammer FB/40k. The fluff is dull. (That and no Squats.)

There has been more fluff released for warhammer in a single one of their paperbacks (which number in the hundreds) then in the malifaux books combined. Not neccessarily better fluff, but I love the warhammer / 40k universes. the horus heresy and time of legends lines are both incredibly solid arcs, with some of the best books i've read (Legion being incredible).

hell, some of the original and now recent codexes and army books have more fluff then a a malifaux book.

If you want to hate on the system, feel free to hate on the system, and you might not particularly like the fluff, but you can't say it doesent exist.

- To the original thread, I agree, sometimes the pack sizes and pricing are stupid, I am not sure if this is allowed to be mentioned on the forum, but if no one at my LGS wants to split a pack, I will go on bartertown and offer there. someone usually will trade a model one off with me.

Infinity also has a simple system and good models. It may not appeal to all however as it is not a character-driven game. The fluff is all written from the perspective of historians and news anchors and political activists giving their insights and opinions of their own nations and their allies and enemies. It's also the anti-40K, in that in the bright and shiny near-future, there is no large scale war. Countries, companies, and outcasts simply feel the need to slap one another around with small, elite strike forces now and then. Even the invading Combined Army of the Evolved Intelligence, which frankly should strike in greater numbers, chooses not to. This may however be due to a desire not to provoke a unification of the human factions at this time.

As for Wyrd's packaging, any oddities are usually the result of one or more box sets. If you can use three of something, and they come in packs of two, there's usually one in someone's box set, and it's probably a third sculpt. The female Guild Guard for example is currently only available in a box set, and she goes along with the two other sculpts in the blister.

And they're already well under the prices for any of the other nice miniatures games out there. (Not that there are very many good ones...Wyrd & PP are the only two good lines I can think of...)

Nemesis, Alkemy, Eden, Hell Dorado, Anima Tactics, Sphere Wars, Relics, Freebooter's Fate, Infinity... how many have you actually tried? Because it kinda sounds like you have only tried the two big American ones.