Molly with Nicodem??

aka_hazard

I'm definitely getting her box. It is a dream come true for Nicodem. I actually think that Nicodem may be the master she has the most synergy with (if you think of her as a model complimentary to the master). Also, pick up the Necrotic Machine.

1. Nicodem loves to take a belle or two with him, but he has no other synergy with them than ability to raise and buff them a bit. Molly speeds the Belles up and can, if worst comes to pass, summon them freeing up Nicodem's AP.

2. She can double Nicodem's speed, which alleviates his biggest weakness. It's either a way to move him 12" a turn, or a way to move him 6" and cast twice, which is great buff in itself.

3. All the debuffs and buffs she has are particularily nice for Nicodem crew, though I suppose other masters would find them equally useful.

Necrotic Machine's ability to turn living models into Undead is absolutely awesome for any Nicodem's crew that hires living models (Mortimer or mercenaries) as it allows them to benefit from Nicodem's healing and buffs.

4. Molly can summon and heal Necrotic Machine. With her you can get all the benefits of the new totem, with no extra SS cost, and still keep the Vultures.

5. Rogue Necromancy is one of the strongest models Nicodem can summon. You get it in the Molly's box, if the rumours are true.

6. Crooligans (again rumours) in her box are designed, if I understand correctly, as objective-hitters. That can bring to Nicodem's crew an element he is more or less lacking - survivable and fast. Another excellent addition.

Nicodem simply <3 Molly.

Edited by Q'iq'el

4. Molly can summon and heal Necrotic Machine. With her you can get all the benefits of the new totem, with no extra SS cost, and still keep the Vultures.

Molly shouldn't summon the Necrotic Machine. 2 corpse counters for 2 soulstones is expensive. You're much better off starting with it and using your corpse counters for other things.

Also, Vultures are terrible. Best use of Nicodem's totem is really a Grave Spirit that can serve as a 1ss corpse counter.

Molly shouldn't summon the Necrotic Machine. 2 corpse counters for 2 soulstones is expensive. You're much better off starting with it and using your corpse counters for other things.

Also, Vultures are terrible. Best use of Nicodem's totem is really a Grave Spirit that can serve as a 1ss corpse counter.

As far as my experience go, if you say Vultures are terrible, it means you don't understand how they work or what they do. Grave Spirit is an alternative for different type of lists, but it is by no means better.

2 Corpse Counters are not all that much, considering the usefulness of the totem. Nicodem's fighty lists tend to run tight on SS, so the option to save the Soulstones is nice thing to have.

Sure, I'd rather hire the totem and don't have to summon it as well, but having the option there is much better than having to spend 4 to 6 SS on totems every game.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm definitely getting her box. It is a dream come true for Nicodem. I actually think that Nicodem may be the master she has the most synergy with (if you think of her as a model complimentary to the master). Also, pick up the Necrotic Machine.

1. Nicodem loves to take a belle or two with him, but he has no other synergy with them than ability to raise and buff them a bit. Molly speeds the Belles up and can, if worst comes to pass, summon them freeing up Nicodem's AP.

2. She can double Nicodem's speed, which alleviates his biggest weakness. It's either a way to move him 12" a turn, or a way to move him 6" and cast twice, which is great buff in itself.

3. All the debuffs and buffs she has are particularily nice for Nicodem crew, though I suppose other masters would find them equally useful.

Necrotic Machine's ability to turn living models into Undead is absolutely awesome for any Nicodem's crew that hires living models (Mortimer or mercenaries) as it allows them to benefit from Nicodem's healing and buffs.

5. Rogue Necromancy is one of the strongest models Nicodem can summon. You get it in the Molly's box, if the rumours are true.

6. Crooligans (again rumours) in her box are designed, if I understand correctly, as objective-hitters. That can bring to Nicodem's crew an element he is more or less lacking - survivable and fast. Another excellent addition.

Nicodem simply <3 Molly.

Not to mention, Molly can cast Exhume after taking the (0) action to duplicate it from Morti (realized that in a Nico game earlier today, and practically flipped out). Definitely buying her now!

Ugh...I can't wait for those damn Crooligans. I mean, don't get me wrong, dog's are great objective cappers, but it's only because they just have sheer speed. If they can't get away fast enough, they're screwed. Crooligans on the other hand, were simply made to cap objectives...and they're damn good at it.

They seem like a really good fit with any of the ressers, with or without molly, and they seem like they'll give Hamelin another nice option as well.

She can copy all of Nicodem's spells, which is particularly sweet when we realize her Ca is exactly identical as his and much better than any of his Totems.

Sure, with most spells it is merely a matter of deciding where you need the AP more, but it is much easier to use Decay to heal Nicodem and his guards when you make her cast the spell, rather than the Totems - Vultures need at least 12 of :crows, Grave Spirit requires any 11... but she gets it off with 7+ of any suit.

I do think theres a lot that can go on between the two of them

Or Nico thinks anyway...

Molly will work with any resser master, IMO. I like to to run her (proxy) with Seamus for fluff reasons, but I could see her doing wonders for Nico. Giving him +2" to his walk is nice, copying the Fog or Reanimate is awesome sauce. Freeing up his AP to cast what ever he wants sounds great. Multiple fogs is awesome too!!

As a side note to using Molly with Nicodem.

How exactly does Special Forces characteristic interacts with his ability to Reanimate Crooligans (I assume) and the Rogue Necromancy?

The rule for the characteristic itself seems to limit him to only 2 models on Hiring, but doesn't seem to affect his ability to summon more.

On the other hand, the limit on having only one Special Force in the crew seems to be in force thorough the game - if he takes the Effigy, not only he cannot hire Molly, but he also cannot summon the Crooligans or the Rogue Necromancy?

Is my understanding right?

As a side note to using Molly with Nicodem.

How exactly does Special Forces characteristic interacts with his ability to Reanimate Crooligans (I assume) and the Rogue Necromancy?

The rule for the characteristic itself seems to limit him to only 2 models on Hiring, but doesn't seem to affect his ability to summon more.

On the other hand, the limit on having only one Special Force in the crew seems to be in force thorough the game - if he takes the Effigy, not only he cannot hire Molly, but he also cannot summon the Crooligans or the Rogue Necromancy?

Is my understanding right?

I agree with your understanding of the situation.

From page 10 of the little rulebook

"Up to two models with the Special Forces Characteristic may be hired per Master." - This sentence restricts you to only hiring two such models. It doesn't restrict you from summoning them.

"A Crew cannot contain models from more than one Special Forces group." - I assume that this means that it cannot contain such models at any time during the game since it doesn't specify that it refers to only hiring.

Edited by Atherzon