Book 3 marcus

ooshawn

To be fair I'm happy with having a super nasty model on the opponents side as long as I can run around desperately trying to achieve my objective, or kill the Avatar and take moral victory points. I am worried about certain crew match-ups being made worse by Avatars but then this is an old problem (Avatars or no Avatars) and one that will always exist in one form or another. I'm sure Wyrd will pay attention to community responses and, like before, the next book will further expand, balance and unbalance many crews and match-ups.

Really, I didn't get that impression fro Avatars. There were a few that I thought were neat, and some I can't ever see ever bringing out. My only two Masters are Seamus and Kirai, and of the two I have trouble seeing ever bringing Kirai's Avatar along.

I see needing to Kill Hamelin's ASAP, but which other Avatars in your opinion are 100% necessary to Take down if they come into play. I really didn't see that many requiring this myself.

I just don't see why you would want to even bring Kirai's avatar out at all. All she is is a nasty beat stick, much better than the Ikiryo perhaps, but not that much better. And although she hits more often for a little more dmg, you lose the ability for her to just appear anywhere you need her. I can honestly see including Seamus' in almost any Seamus list because it fills a gap in Seamus' list and you only will want to go Avatar if Seamus gets bogged down in combat, which to date has been the default strat peoples in my area use.

Can someone better at thinking of combos explain to me really what Kirai's Avatar really brings to her Crew?

For my part, as I have said again and again - my comments are only impressions. it is what it looks like. I wasn't involved in play-testing and I have no idea whether I'm going to be right or wrong. I can't get into combo's and what-not since it hardly ever works in play as it looks on paper.

I also haven't had time to study them in depth - it's just what it looks like from skimming.

One comment I will make, is about Seamus....Ratty, you said he needs to be in combat to survive and that he is a lot easier to kill. Totally agree. Unless my opponent is an utter moron (and I assure you, my Seamus player isn't), it won't be too difficult to ensure that Seamus manifests in an advantageous position and with his speed (including Lure from Belles), he should be able to stay in combat long enough to crush any hope of completing my objectives.

Just saying.

I just don't see why you would want to even bring Kirai's avatar out at all. All she is is a nasty beat stick, much better than the Ikiryo perhaps, but not that much better. And although she hits more often for a little more dmg, you lose the ability for her to just appear anywhere you need her. I can honestly see including Seamus' in almost any Seamus list because it fills a gap in Seamus' list and you only will want to go Avatar if Seamus gets bogged down in combat, which to date has been the default strat peoples in my area use.

Can someone better at thinking of combos explain to me really what Kirai's Avatar really brings to her Crew?

It gives you an extra get out of jail card... If your up against a crew like Viks, that can back you into a corner and slice up Kirai. she stands a much better chance of going toe to toe than normal Kirai.