Darguth

How's this for an idea?

Ophelia, Rami, Pig Whisperer, So'mer and some other stuff.

First turn, Ophelia gives Rami Rams, Ooo it's a girls Som'er forwards (as he won't be walking) and gets a reckless wound. Rami runs forwards, gets a reckless wound and shoots someone getting wounded in the process. Some random gremlin also runs up (Slop Hauler would be best but PW works as well) and gets a Reckless Wound, maybe for tossing slop real far. Som'er heals the wounded starting with Rami.

Second turn, Som'er brings out the avatar and HW gives him reactivate.

Now, I don't own Som'er (I've been playing with Ophelia), so I might be missing something but if it goes like this, the setup should mitigate the problems of turning avatar rather nicely in that Som'er gets to move on the first turn and has a full activation on the second. And he even does something useful with those Take a Swigs.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for an idea?

First turn, Ophelia gives Rami Rams, Ooo it's a girls Som'er forwards (as he won't be walking) and gets a reckless wound. Rami runs forwards, gets a reckless wound and shoots someone getting wounded in the process. Some random gremlin also runs up (Slop Hauler would be best but PW works as well) and gets a Reckless Wound, maybe for tossing slop real far. Som'er heals the wounded starting with Rami.

Now, I don't own Som'er (I've been playing with Ophelia), so I might be missing something but if it goes like this, the setup should mitigate the problems of turning avatar rather nicely in that Som'er gets to move on the first turn and has a full activation on the second. And he even does something useful with those Take a Swigs.

That would be a quick way to get his avatar out, but I am still not sure I would want to play him like that. That crew is going to be pricy and it seems to me that aSomer is going to want a bunch of pigs in his list.

I don't think there will be much issue in getting the avatar out early. You could always just have your own models hit each other if you needed something for him to heal with. I think you are going to really need to build an initial crew that will function well with his avatar - especially if you are planning to manifest it early.

How's this for an idea?

Somer wont be able to move on turn one because he will be doing nothing but Take a swig and the range of that is pretty close.

That would be a quick way to get his avatar out, but I am still not sure I would want to play him like that. That crew is going to be pricy and it seems to me that aSomer is going to want a bunch of pigs in his list.

I don't think there will be much issue in getting the avatar out early. You could always just have your own models hit each other if you needed something for him to heal with. I think you are going to really need to build an initial crew that will function well with his avatar - especially if you are planning to manifest it early.

That is a pricey crew and really goes in the wrong direction since the crew really favors a Gremlin centric list instead of a pig heavy list. Avatar Somer is about the Pigs more then the Gremlins. From my play experienceGetting him out reliably on turn three is a better plan then going hell bent for leather trying to get him out on turn 2.

Somer wont be able to move on turn one because he will be doing nothing but Take a swig and the range of that is pretty close.

Ummm... that's why Ophelia is there. Did you read what you quoted?

The whole idea of the post was to come up with an idea on how to get the avatar out as soon as possible while 1) getting Som'er into a better position and 2) getting some real use out of those Take a Swigs.

That is a pricey crew and really goes in the wrong direction since the crew really favors a Gremlin centric list instead of a pig heavy list. Avatar Somer is about the Pigs more then the Gremlins.

You could fit three Piglets in there easily.

I'm not saying that it's the perfect tactic every time but against slow(ish) crews in certain strategies I could see it working nicely.