Darguth

So far all we know is that his Manifestion requirements are along the lines of:

1.) Perform 3 healing flips on Gremlins using "Take a Swig".

2.) Inflict 4 Wd on enemy models with "Pull My Finger".

Anyone have any further information on what aSom'ers ability/spell list and statlines are looking like? What does our pretty Peaches do?

Som'er and Peaches, Avatars of Indulgence

Focus-Synergy with Gremlins and Pigs/Strong Melee.

IMO- He gives the gremlins that which they need the most...Wp bonuses. He has several ways to boost gremlins Wp. On top of this, he adds a resilient melee heavy hitter to the crew, has synergy with pigs/stampede manipulation, and has a trigger to summon piglets with the successful cast of a spell, so he can help the pigapult out a bit as well. He keeps Sooey! from his Master form.

Additionally he apparently has an upgraded version of "Pull My Finger" called "Swamp Gas" that, with the correct trigger, can summon Piglets as well.

Edit: aSom'er can keep his Giant Mosquito totems while Manifesting by discarding 2 Control Cards per totem retained.

Edited by Darguth
Added more details.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the main post with some spoilage info.

Given his manifestation requirements and the general abilities he seems to grant, my guess is that his Avatar version will mostly change Som'er's style of play by forcing him to stick with his crew more than his Master form. I've found as a Master he can tend to play rather statically, being a summoning "portal" in the back of the board while throwing his horde of minions forward.

Personally, I love that change of pace a LOT. Gremlins are a very synergistic group for the most part. You've got Som'er, Hog Whisperer, Slop Haulers, Taxidermist, and now Lenny providing utility/synergy/buffing to your "basic" Bayou Gremlin and Pig minions. It seem snow Som'er has a greater incentive to move around with the group than he did previously, because once you Manifest you're going to want him near the front lines to provide his buffs and be a beatstick, rather than sitting back and summoning constantly.

I heard a rumor that since he was riding on Peaches, he counts as a pig...so could possibly be reactivated with the Hog whisperer, however, I'm not 100% on this. Like I said, I heard a rumor about it.

Yes he is considered a Pig.

He is also the only Avatar that can keep his totems if he want's to, though it will cost him a few control cards for each of them.

By the way I think you all arre going to love his triggers, especially "She ain't Fat".

He is also the only Avatar that can keep his totems if he want's to, though it will cost him a few control cards for each of them.

That's extraordinarily awesome if he can. I mean, just having the option to keep them is really nice, even if it isn't always used.

Does his manifestation requirements involving "Take a Swig" specify it has to be used on Gremlins? Or can he heal Skeeters to fulfill the requirement?

He can keep Skeeters?

Yes he can!!!

In his first Manifest step, you may discard 2 control cards per totem to keep them! Which is flippin amazing, considering Som'er keeps the Sooey spell and is considered a pig.

Avatar Som'er is really, really good. I may need another blister of Bayou Gremlins after I just looked at his defensive trigger haha.

Df (:crows) B.Y.O.G.: After suffering damage from an enemy attack, this model summons 1 Bayou Gremlin.

He doesn't have it built in to his defense, but still. Any crow will do it and even if you're losing the duel, he is Hard to Wound with Armor +1. Not to shabby Mr. Jones (makes me want to write a parody of the Counting Crows song now)!!!

Just wait for the book =P. Nah, I can't do that do a fellow Gremlin player.

He gets Hard to Wound 1

Blubber: Armor +1. This model ignores damage from :blast.

Df 4 and 10 Wd.

Weapons:

Drumstickin' - A defender wounded by this weapon performs a Df > 12 duel. If defender loses the duel, it must discard one control card or receive Paralyzed. Not a trigger, this always happens...yeah, I know.

Rg 1:melee, Cb 6:rams, Dg 2/3/4

Gore - Damage flips during this models Charge actions inflict +1 Dg.

Rg 1:melee, Cb 5:rams, Dg 2/5/6

He does not, but he does have a pretty sweet trigger as a replacement...

Cb (:rams) "Atta Girl!": After this model resolves a hit with one of it's melee Strikes, it may discard a Control Card to take another melee Strike using a different melee weapon. This trigger may only be used twice during this models activation.

4 swings for the price of two cards and 2 AP, not too bad!!

No more take a swig, but he has a (0) that can do 1 of 3 things a turn, 1 of which is a healing flip to all gremlins in the :pulse6 (including him). Also keep in mind, he counts as a Pig so the Hog Whisperer can reactivate him, heal him, and make him fly!!!

Nice! What are the other 2 things that the 6" pulse can do?! :D