vs Sonnia Crid with Leve...

Joasht

Looking at Sonnia's card, she seems like one heck of a tough nut to crack with Leveticus, probably forcing you to aim at her with your minions while Leveticus goes around targetting everyone else - not necessarily the kind of plan I'd like the most.

However, given that my Guild-playing friend is getting her, the question that comes to mind is, should I even bother trying to beat her with Leveticus? Or should I just go with, say, Freikorps and/or Vik's/Ronin's?

Thanks!

My first suggestion....Hooded Rider. :P

Seriously though, Cover is one of your best bets against Sonnia to start with. Also, remember that she only has a 10" range on her Flame Burst spell. The biggest thing you will have trouble with is keeping your Steampunk Abominations alive, especially with her blast damage. So do whatever you can to keep Anomaly activated, and keep them behind cover. Also go ahead and cheat your Df up as high as possible, and try to keep her at a straight flip for damage based on the duel, banking on the SPAs Hard to Wound 1 to keep her at least a :-fate for her damage flips. That will help you keep them alive.

Something like a Hooded Rider or a Necropunk with Leap, or something like that, could also help play interference a little bit, get in Sonnia's face, and keep her from being able to easily cast her spells. Basically just need to keep your SPAs alive long enough to leap frog them up close, form the Desolation Engine, and go to town on her. Her Df being lower than the Deso Engine's Cb will make her either burn through SS, or go down in flames.

Also, you can TRY to use Levi's spells on her, but she'll probably Counterspell a lot of stuff. Can still be useful though, just to drain her hand of cards.

I've only played her once with Levi, and it was like my 2nd game ever...sometime last october i believe, lol.

I got my ass handed to me, but it was a wierd game, the terrain forced him through a choke point that (and he admitted it was unintentional) gave her whole crew advanced counterspell because they were clumped together...so levi was damn near useless.

In the end I had Levi and his waifs left pinned in a corner, and he had, I believe, Sonnia, Samael and Santiago left. I walked up to her, and smacked her in the face for 12 dg killing her with Levi...it was incredibly rewarding, even though he then proceeded to kill off the waifs and win the game. Just goes to show you though, never underestimate Levi's melee. I once did 24 dg with him in 1 hit on Seamus....ofc he didn't die...damn Hard to Kill.

Don't take SPAs.

Go with Jack Daw (Sonnia HATES him) as well as Bette Noir. Bette will take her down pretty quickly if you can position Daw so he effects Sonnia but not Bette. (Of course that applies to ANY model in the game)

The hooded rider is also a great choice because it is such a beat stick and can move so quickly. Leveticus should be used as a support piece in a match like this. Use his buff spell (The one that grants an additional crow to combat) on Betty. Auto triggers are Nasty and a paralized Sonnia is a dead Sonnia.

you do realize the problem with jack daw is her crew of witchlings and their magical wepons thier toting right? also she can chew through your hand like its her job as her cb trigger and if she brings nino next time will make quick work of your ss if you wanna keep him alive. she has a hard time dealing with a spider swarm tho as it has armor and evasive and it heals itself. also if you get close enough the disrupt magic will put a damper on her parade.

I used to play Levi against Sonnia all the time, and my answer turned out to be Belles. I took 3 of them against her, and sure, she could counterspell their lures, but unless she has a hand full of tomes some of them are going to get through, and then she'll have no cards and that model has been pulled out of her bubble.

Against Sonnie you should either not bother casting spells at her, or flood her with them. With Levi in you army I suggest flooding. Activate him later in the turn and use your other models to burn through her hand. Give her the choice of cheating now, or saving those cards to block Levi's spells later, and you should pull out ahead.

Also, as other's have said, cover is your friend, putting Waifs near other units is not, and the Hooded Rider is the man (if you can stomach his model).