no noo noooooooo (my malifaux collection halved...)

so 2011 gave me a rough time.. lots of loss, and having trekked around living in different place, just as I tought things had greatly turned around, after unboxing and organising all my stuff in my new apartment, I seem to miss one of my miniature boxes.. so organising everything I actually realise that it is not just any of my miniature boxes it was one of my 3 favorite boxes (3 boxes that contained miniatures I really liked, miniatures I concepted, LE miniatures and my full 2 favorite ranges : Malifaux and Pulp city.) .. only stuff that wasnt in the box was those that were assembled and partially painted, and those that I had gotten more recently.

for anyone who want to share in the exact magnitude of my pain, the huge list : O_O (yes, its only half of it, see my joining date... this box had been filled regularily over a loooong time >_< )

dead marshalls, judge, sonnia, peacekeeper, ramos and all his arachnids, injun joss, sabretooth cerberus, 2 molemen, 2 silurids, zoraida, bad juju, all book 1 gremlins, bishop, the cowboyhat ronin, 3 canine remains, my second seamus (I had 2), all (book 1) nephilim, necropunks, a couple of totems and bits from minis I hadnt fully assembled yet (rasputina arms, all lose ortega bits, all bases accesoires sets among others.)

and 260 euros worth of freebooter miniatures (most importantly.. the copies of the non-goblin ones I concepted : clockwork fairies, timewitch, doc taranto and dixie dynamite :( ) and some random steampunk miniatures from various ranges.. most I cant even remember what I had anymore, but among them some LE stuff and OOP stuff (my big collection of reserve midnor puppets to pimp bases with :( :\

sigh...

just wanted to vent

I feel your pain man, I've moved many times in the last 10 years and can honestly say that everytime I move I always have the problem of , didn't I use to have X and then find the receipt saying I bought it years ago but can't find it anywhere. and loss of a mini, especially OOP minis is especially painful.

And there was me thinking having to drag all my belongings (PC, clothes, miniatures, DVDs, etc) on two 40 minute journeys was bad. I've suffered from travelling but I count myself lucky I've never had any serious loss or accident (though I did leave a just purchased Vampire Count book on a bus once).

I've heard two seperate stories about two friends having to leave a flat in a hurry, leaving behind pretty much their entire collections (big expensive Warhammer collections), something I couldn't bring myself to do.

Hopefully you'll be reunited.