A Partner for Kirai

edonil

Alright, so, I'm working on figuring out who would be a good match for Kirai, in terms of a second Master. I'm loving the girl (well, based on my three games, lol) and have been really enjoying painting them, but I also don't have that many more purchases to go before I have her Crew assembled to about 60 points. I was curious who people think would be a good foil for her, especially in tournament play? I was really leaning toward Seamus, he seems to play differently enough, but was curious what other people thought.

I'm trying to work on a second Ressers Master. Right now, I've got Lady J for demos, Rasputina and Colette for Arcanists, and Kirai for Ressers. Seems like I'll be going with Seamus for my second Resser, which I'm okay with. Debating buying blisters instead of the box, I really don't like Sybelle...lol

I have Seamus and Kirai as well. They both work very well to compliment each other. I will say that as much as I love Seamus I tend to enjoy Kirai's style a little more, and then comming back to play Seamus after playing Kirai is a real mind twist, "What, you mean I have to activate something I actually care about before you finish activating?"

I will also echo adding Seamus into the mix, I mean its only fitting isnt it since Kirai herself is a prostitute .. just not a zombie.

Seamus works fine without Jack Daw, but he works very very well with him, you wont be gimping yourself for not taking him.

I would not discount Nicodem Calmdown, he can switch up playstyles like no other for the Ressers and can perform more than adequately, plus he can combo well in a Brawl with Kirai abut theres not too much crossover in minions beyond perhaps The Hanged.

I think the main reason why he doesnt see so much play is that he can take ANY undead and in order to utilise him to the fullest you will want to do that which can get expensive $ wise

I would not discount Nicodem Calmdown, he can switch up playstyles like no other for the Ressers and can perform more than adequately, plus he can combo well in a Brawl with Kirai abut theres not too much crossover in minions beyond perhaps The Hanged.

I think the main reason why he doesnt see so much play is that he can take ANY undead and in order to utilise him to the fullest you will want to do that which can get expensive $ wise

Actually I think the reason most people don't play him, even those that have full Rezzer collections, is that they need to use a lot of Zombies to make use of his abilities; and zombies are completely, utterly pointless. In a competitive game he's a non-competitor, and in a friendly game he takes too much time to be fun for your opponent. He's so meh in every regard.

Yeh, you can use him to buff in a brawl, but you'd still be better off with Seamus or Molly, or McMourning if you're that way inclined.