How do you beat Pandora

Stargazer

Haha, your going to need to give a bit more information then that.

What is the pandora player / players in question using that is giving you trouble?

What are you using, what options do you have available to use?

How much terrain is on the board, how many soulstones do you guys play?

Edit - and what Sketch said, is there a specific strategy your having trouble with, schemes, etc.

Edited by Dolomyte

Hanged. A lot of Pandora's abilities are Wp->Wp, if you manage to tag her with Horrifying (:-fate on Wp duels for the rest of the game) she's in a world of hurt.

Seamus is solid - Trail of Fear is great, as Sketch said, and Undead Psychosis can really mess up a crew that, overall, needs to be close to you to work. McMourning can be pretty effective as well - Flesh Constructs are surprisingly fast, hit really hard, and are one of the few Resurrectionist options that are Immune to Influence.

typically when I play pandora I have a woe next to or near her for transferring the odd stray hit, so having Bete ready to pop up and take that woe's place would be solid. She will either hit pandora and paralyze her or at least make the pandora player blow soulstones to keep her from being targeted.

Haha, your going to need to give a bit more information then that.

What is the pandora player / players in question using that is giving you trouble?

What are you using, what options do you have available to use?

How much terrain is on the board, how many soulstones do you guys play?

Edit - and what Sketch said, is there a specific strategy your having trouble with, schemes, etc.

everything

Run her out of cards with swarms of walking corpse counters, be them zombies or dogs. Then when she is vulnerable turn them into punk zombies and smash her face in good. The thing to remember with Rezzers is that your models are expendable, Pandora is not. You can waste your deck while she is wasting her hand.

Nico can hit her with blasts, and summon swarms around her, McM can pretty much one hit her with Dissection and raise fodder around her as well. The hardest part is hitting her, once you get in a lucky shot go all out with it.

Sorry guys one of my "friends" got on my account and being a Pandora player thought it would be funny to start this topic..

Thanks for the advice though ;)

To be honest, you should be happy that is all he has done. The things I have done to people with their computers left unattended.....

I think you should just Ro-Sham-Bo McDoogle...

Thats presumptious, it could have been anyone...

and what is "Ro-sham-boing" anyway?

Back to topic....

So what about Seamus and von Schill? Could potentially 1 shot her and bypass her defenses?

Multiple Hanged?

Jacked Daw Spam?

Could Molly cause her some problems?

I think the best way to beat her though is to get her on to negative flips, as she personally relies on heavy amounts of cheating to work at her best.

Peace out...

Kill her entire crew, and then either kill her (if you have enough stuff left) or run away from her (so that she cant utilise duelling you to move).

She's really, REALLY slow if she can't duel stuff or at least cant duel multiple models, so it's also entirely possible to play cat and mouse with her whilst killing her models. I once played cat and mouse with Pandora around a forest in the centre of the board with Kirai and she didn't get to start casting spells until turn 4 whilst a Shikome and an Ikiryo beat up her crew one by one.

She's tough, definitely, but movement and no direct support to her crew is her weakness.

Ok in all seriousness now you say she's slow but I disagree with her totem casting dementia on her and sorrows casting melancholy with her resisting she really isn't slow! Not to mention incite pacify chains...

I get what you mean about taking out her crew but McDoogle is wise to that and makes sure the only way to get to her crew is either through her or to be in her threat range... combined with a pretty resilient crew of stitched together and lelu and lilitu there's no real easy kills or ways to easily take out his crew fast. When I try I normally get bogged down due to a lack of high damage output.

I think the answer is simple. Just out activate her with dogs and necro punks and the like then throw the Dead Rider who is imune to influence in her face and she won't last more then a turn or two. Or you can use Mounted Combat and drag to pul her out into the open.

Ok in all seriousness now you say she's slow but I disagree with her totem casting dementia on her and sorrows casting melancholy with her resisting she really isn't slow! Not to mention incite pacify chains...

I get what you mean about taking out her crew but McDoogle is wise to that and makes sure the only way to get to her crew is either through her or to be in her threat range... combined with a pretty resilient crew of stitched together and lelu and lilitu there's no real easy kills or ways to easily take out his crew fast. When I try I normally get bogged down due to a lack of high damage output.

Lelu and Lilitu are easy to deal with. Kill Lelu and watch Lilitu die.

Stitched Together less so, not thath ard to kill but you're almost guaranteed to lose a model that does kill them.

This said, if his entire crew is sitting close enough to Pandora for her to be covering their threat range (which is normally 6" or so at worst on board with enough terrain once you factor line of site in), then he really doesnt have much board coverage, meaning a lot of strategies and schemes will be an issue for him, like many other crews that clump together.

Spread out and make him react. Outmaneuver him with Kirai. Lure his models out using Belles with everyone else. Beat him in WP duels with Seamus. There's a lot of options. Get Molly close to her and use Philosophy of Uncertainty and blow her up. More choices than you could ever ask for!

Lelu and Lilitu are easy to deal with. Kill Lelu and watch Lilitu die.

Stitched Together less so, not thath ard to kill but you're almost guaranteed to lose a model that does kill them.

This said, if his entire crew is sitting close enough to Pandora for her to be covering their threat range (which is normally 6" or so at worst on board with enough terrain once you factor line of site in), then he really doesnt have much board coverage, meaning a lot of strategies and schemes will be an issue for him, like many other crews that clump together.

Spread out and make him react. Outmaneuver him with Kirai. Lure his models out using Belles with everyone else. Beat him in WP duels with Seamus. There's a lot of options. Get Molly close to her and use Philosophy of Uncertainty and blow her up. More choices than you could ever ask for!

Not trying to cause any offense but how can you say her threat range is only 6"?! Considering the range of Incite and Pacify is 12" combined with the 4" push she then subsequently gets from that I can't see how you could only think she's dangerous within 6"...

I agree on the spreading out and that is definitely a tactic to try and use more in future. Luring is all well and good if you can see his crew... With the Stitched Together and their Fog I don't often get the chance for a clear line of sight to any or at least most of his crew.

On Molly do you really think that the opponent knowing what she can do will let her get near enough to Pandora? It's so easy for Pandora with a decent hand and soulstones to make models fall back it isn't even funny.. if Pandora doesn't want it near her in all likelihood it won't get there or at least that's my experience of her.

I think the consensus here is correct however going with Seamus seems like a good start and maybe taking some Hanged and possibly even Jack Daw I can put up a bit more of a fight.

I don't want to seem like I'm being negative about this by the way but my opponent has pretty much completely figured out how to play Pandora aggressively and is tactically sound. He knows all of the tricks and is more than happy to use most of them.

@Mbbelius as said above I think I'll try a crew like that next time I play her.