Ace's double suit

Brandu

Puppet Wars: "An Ace has a Numerical Value of 1 and double its shown Suit Value.

Question: I flip the Ace of :masks, If the additional flipped card is (for example) a 11:masks is my final value = 11:masks:masks?

-Brandu

Yup! It's 11 :masks :masks

See the example in the Meet your Puppet Deck section:

[Example: You Flip the Ace of Rams and choose to Flip an additional card. The additional card is the 4 of Tomes. The value of your total Flip is 4ramsmall.pngramsmall.png because the additional card only replaces the Ace's Numerical Value.]

Yes, I read the part you're refering to. Trying to make sure i got it all right.

It also says:

"When an Ace is Flipped or Played, you may Flip an additional card and replace the Numerical Value of the Ace (1) with the Numerical Value of the newly Flipped card while keeping the Suit of the original Ace."

My question is,

It 'replaces' the suit when the second card flipped is another suit.

So a Ace:masks +4:tomes = 4:masks OR is it = to a 4:masks:masks?

Does it ADD a second :masks only if the second card flipped is a :masks?

Ace :masks + 11:masks = 11:masks:masks

I's got confused

-Brandu

Edited by Brandu

Yep kindof.... You never use the 1 unless you flip it to add to another ace..

That's not right, you are free to use the one if you so please.

Which for instance can be advantageous when it's critical for you to go first in an animation round (few Puppets have/can get ARs that low, but you can still discard the ace to move a puppet or perform a free action).

Or when you're performing an action and already met the requirement, flipping another card usually just means you can be unlucky enough to get the Black Joker and thus fail the action.

That's not right, you are free to use the one if you so please.

Which for instance can be advantageous when it's critical for you to go first in an animation round (few Puppets have/can get ARs that low, but you can still discard the ace to move a puppet or perform a free action).

Or when you're performing an action and already met the requirement, flipping another card usually just means you can be unlucky enough to get the Black Joker and thus fail the action.

This is correct.

The reflip is a "may" not a "must."

• 3 weeks later...

Ok a quick question on the Animation card. If the animation card is an ace, do we get to flip an additional card and subsitute that cards amount as well then?

So say my original animation card was a 2. I then replace it with an Ace and the 2 goes to the discard pile. After my oponent and I reveal our animation cards, do I get to perform the addional flip and add the card's amount to my ace's suit*2?

Ok a quick question on the Animation card. If the animation card is an ace, do we get to flip an additional card and subsitute that cards amount as well then?

So say my original animation card was a 2. I then replace it with an Ace and the 2 goes to the discard pile. After my oponent and I reveal our animation cards, do I get to perform the addional flip and add the card's amount to my ace's suit*2?

Basically, yes.

So in your example, once you both flip over your cards you do the Ace's special flip. So if you flipped a 7 Mask onto the Ace of Crows, your Animation card for the round is 7 Crow Crow. (Remember: This also means that for animation order for the round, you count as a 7 since you chose to do the Ace's special flip)

Remember it is a MAY for the additional flip on the Ace also.

Edited by karn987