Battle for Malifaux League reports

Omenbringer

First start day results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 8 players (possibly more on Saturday);

Nathan's Von Schill Wagered control of his Sewers and collected 2 VP

Wes' Lady Justice also Wagered control of the Sewers and collected 2 VP. The resulting battle was so intense it left both locations salted and unuseable for the immediate future.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of the Quarantine Zone and collected 4 VP to wrest control of the Necropolis from John's Viks crew who amassed 1 VP.

Darlene's Mcmourning wagered control of the Necropolis and amassed 6 VP to wrest control of the Quarantine Zone from Jason's Sonnia Crew that was scoreless.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of the Ruins amassing 5 VP's and usurping control of the Badlands from Anthony's Rasputina crew who collected 2 VP's

More to come.

Edited by Omenbringer

For my match, Steve wagered the Quarantine Zone and I wagered the Necropolis.

It was a battle with a lot of fireworks. By the end of turn 2, the Sword Mistress had cut down all three of Lilith's Terror Tots in a single tantrum of flashing steel. At the same time, the Convict riddled the Young Nephilim full of lead before he could be allowed to mature.

It seemed I had things well under control, but that terrifying nephilim Princess (her name escapes me) tore through much of my reserves before the end of the game. The Convict stepped up and gunned down the Princess, but the damage was done. I lacked the models to complete my strategy and the points ultimately went to Lilith.

Hell of a lot of fun. I'm still pretty green to the game, so winning isn't my priority. I fielded a fully painted crew tonight, and my goal is to paint one model and field it as a part of the crew each week. By the end of the league I'll have my entire fledgling collection painted.

Thanks for the updates guys. With any luck we'll be adding a few more players to the league tomorow night. Thats right folks there is still time to join up (+1 Gaming in Metairie, Saturday night, July 16 begining at 7:00pm *and this time I'll for sure be there on time damn traffic).

Promise there will be pictures of future league games.

League Day 1 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 6 controlled locations
  2. Darlene's McMourning, 6 controlled locations
  3. Steven's Lilith, 6 controlled locations
  4. Nathan's Von Schill, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  5. Wes' Lady Justice, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  6. Anthony's Rasputina, 4 controlled locations
  7. Jason's Sonnia, 4 controlled locations
  8. John's Viktoria, 4 controlled locations

Looks like the Neverborn menace and her doktor McMourning are capitalizing on the distractions caused by the M&SU/ Guild labor riots pretty well...

Add four more players to the League;

1. Jeremy running Lady Justice
  2. David running Lilith
  3. Sean running Viktoria's
  4. Allie running Leveticus

Additionally, Nathan's Von Schill, Steven's Lilith, and Anthony's Rasputina are planning on aquiring some more real estate tonight.

Results will be posted soon.

Nathan's Von Schill wagered control of the Necropolis and collected 6 VP to wrest control of the Mines from Sean's Viks crew who amassed 4 VP.

David's Lilith wagered control of the Resurectionist Lab and eeked out 3 VP's to wrest control of the Arcanist Lab from Jeremy's Lady Justice crew who scraped out 1 VP.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of the Sewers and achieved a perfect 8 VP to gain control of the Ruins from Anthony's Rasputina crew who amassed 4 VP.

League Day 2 Results;

1. Steven's Lilith, 7 controlled locations
  2. Jake's Dreamer, 6 controlled locations
  3. Darlene's McMourning, 6 controlled locations
  4. David's Lilith, 6 controlled locations
  5. Nathan's Von Schill, 6 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  6. Allie's Leveticus, 5 controlled locations
  7. Wes' Lady Justice, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  8. Jason's Sonnia, 4 controlled locations
  9. John's Viktoria, 4 controlled locations
  10. Sean's Viktoria, 4 controlled locations
  11. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations
  12. Anthony's Rasputina, 3 controlled locations

The Outcast and Neverborn factions are going to be pretty competitive.

Edited by Omenbringer

Dont lose heart, there are plenty of other prizes beside "Governor of Malifaux". I would say you have a pretty good head start on most of the competitors for "Artisan of Malifaux". And if nothing else there is always the "Lantern Rouge" award. There are still a lot of league games left.

Another League night with a great showing. Additionally we have two late additions to the fray, Craig running Colette and Zack running Von Schill. Tonight closes the league at 14 players and the outcast faction looks to be a hotly contested title with 5 players battling it out...

Tonights matchups are:

1. Nathan's Von Schill vs Jason's Sonnia
  2. Wes's Lady Justice vs John's Viktoria's
  3. Craig's Colette vs Sean's Viktoria's
  4. Steven's Lilith vs Jake's Dreamer
  5. Zack's vs Anthony's Rasputina
  6. Darlene's McMourning vs Allie's Leveticus

Edited by Omenbringer

The Viktorias had some very friendly flips last night. We both played Distraction and announced Holdout, drawing a clear line in the sand across the middle of the board. Sword Mistress slingshotted ahead and cut down two minions early. Wes's Lady J crew had a hard time catching its breath after that and had to play defensively against a high-pressure push from Bishop and Sword Mistress.

The game came down to a critical turn 7 duel between a lone Lady Justice and the Convict Gunslinger. She cut a chunk out of him and tried to run, but the Gunslinger kept her in place with a disengaging Gunfighter strike. Had she pulled away the game would have ended 4-2 in favor of the Viks, but Lady J's misstep forced the game to end at 8-0.

Tough game for Wes. He fought it well but the fate deck just didn't flip well for him.

Third day results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 12 of which are fighting it out tonight.

Nathan's Von Schill wagered control of his Mines and collected 7 VP to wrest control of the mines from Jason's Sonnia crew who amassed 3 VP.

John's Viktoria's wagered control of their Guild Holding Facility amassing a commanding 8 VP to rip control of the Slums from Wes's Lady Justice crew who withdrew with 0 VP.

Sean's Viktoria's wagered control of their piece of downtown and collected 6 VP to narrowly gain control of a Gremlin Village from Craig's Colette crew who managed 4 VP.

Zach's Von Schill wagered control of the Bayou's Edge and collected 6 VP to narrowly wrest control of a Gremlin Village from Anthony's Rasputina crew who massed 4 VP.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of the Ruins and amassed a commanding 7 VP to dominate the Quarantine Zone and run off Steven's Lilith crew who put up no resistance with 0 VP.

Darlene's McMourning wagered control of the Necropolis against the Guild Library controlled by Allie's Leveticus crew. A late start to the battle resulted in an armistice between the crews leaving the resources of the locations unuseable (salted).

League Day 3 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 7 controlled locations
  2. Nathan's Von Schill, 7 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  3. Steven's Lilith, 6 controlled locations
  4. Zach's Von Schill, 6 contorlled locations
  5. David's Lilith, 6 controlled locations
  6. Darlene's McMourning, 6 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  7. John's Viktoria, 5 controlled locations
  8. Sean's Viktoria, 5 controlled locations
  9. Allie's Leveticus, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  10. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations
  11. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  12. Wes' Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  13. Jason's Sonnia, 3 controlled locations
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 2 controlled locations

Looks like the Guild and Arcanists have been a bit distracted by the ongoing labor riots. Will anyone rise to challenge the Neverborn or Mercenary dominance?

Edited by Omenbringer
Fixed Brain Fart and results

Day four results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 8 of which are battling it out this Saturday night.

David's Lilith wagered control of the Resurectionist Labs and collected 7 VP to wrest control of the Sewers from Allie's Leveticus crew who amassed 2 VP.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of some Ruins managing 6 VP to seize control of a piece of the Quarantine Zone from Jeremy's Lady Justice crew who withdrew with 3 VP.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of the sewers and collected 8 VP to narrowly gain control of a Gremlin Village from Sean's Viktoria's crew who managed 6 VP.

Anthony's Rasputina wagered control of some of the Hag's Territory against the Mines controlled by Nathan's Von Schill crew. The fighting was so intense that both locations have suffered, it will be a long time rebuilding before they will produce anything of value (salted lands).

League Day 4 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 8 controlled locations
  2. Steven's Lilith, 7 controlled locations
  3. David's Lilith, 7 controlled locations
  4. Nathan's Von Schill, 7 controlled locations (2 Salted)
  5. Zach's Von Schill, 6 contorlled locations
  7. John's Viktoria, 5 controlled locations
  8. Sean's Viktoria, 4 controlled locations
  9. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  10. Wes' Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  11. Allie's Leveticus, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  12. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 3 controlled locations
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 2 controlled locations (1 Salted)

Edited by Omenbringer
Fixed Results

The house was packed last night. Looks like everyone had a good time.

The Viks snatched a win out from the grip of defeat again this week. A bloody series of exchanges between Lilith's brood and the Viks' ragtag bunch of outlaws ended in a lot of bodies and blood counters. By turn 5 the game hinged on a single duel: Lilith vs Gun Viktoria. Lilith was on position to achieve her strategy and one of her schemes. The game would be at least 4-0 if Vik couldn't stop her, and it could have gone up to 6-0. Vik cast Sisters in Battle for the damage buff and walked in, using melee expert to take one desperate attack. Both combatants held a single soulstone. The attack flip came up Red Joker. Lilith flipped and soulstoned to add, Vik responded in kind. The Red Joker proved to be too much of a lead and the hit succeeded, striking down the demonic matron and completing the Viks' strategy and schemes.

Day five results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 7 of which are battling it out this Thursday night.

John's Viktoria's wagered control of the Mountains and amassed 8 VP to wrest control of the Sewers from David's Lilith crew who sadly walked away with 0 VP.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of some Ruins managing 6 VP to seize control of a piece of Downtown from Sean's Viktoria's crew who withdrew with 0 VP.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of some Ruins against the Mines controlled by Nathan's Von Schill crew. The fighting was so intense that both locations have suffered, it will be a long time rebuilding before they will produce anything of value (salted lands).

And the last battle was fought between Zach's Von Schill's wagering control of the Slum's and gaining control of a piece of the Bayou's Edge with 8 VP's against my Som'er Teeth Crew (I got to play a game due to having an odd man out) who only managed 4 VP.

League Day 5 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 9 controlled locations
  2. Zach's Von Schill, 7 contorlled locations
  3. Steven's Lilith, 7 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  4. Nathan's Von Schill, 7 controlled locations (3 Salted)
  5. David's Lilith, 6 controlled locations
  6. John's Viktoria, 6 controlled locations
  7. Darlene's McMourning, 6 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  8. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  9. Wes' Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  10. Allie's Leveticus, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  11. Sean's Viktoria, 3 controlled locations
  12. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 3 controlled locations
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 2 controlled locations (1 Salted)

The Dreamer is begining to creep away, however there is still plenty of opprotunity for someone to usurp his rising power! With up to 5 games left to play in the league someone could experience a twist of fate and emerge from the ashes of defeat claiming final victory.

Quick battle report of my game against Zach:

Vonschill deployed first in a pretty tight clump on his side of the Slums. Som'er deployed on line with the Pig squadron arayed to the right behind a brick hovel and Som'er and the "good ol' boys" hiding in a tin shack (and yes the roof was rusted). Completely forgot about the Trappers From the shadows deployment, since most of the pig squadron are in their sights from their perch alone and afraid off to Von Schills Left Flank a mere 8" from the flight line.

Initiative flip gives Som'er the first move, Hog whisperer begin's preparing the Piglets for take off. Trapper kills one, one of my Skeeter air traffic controllers gives the rest of the squadron their attack orders "Trappers, trappers, trappers". Poor inital placement leaves the squadron unable to initiate effective straffing runs (couldn't do 1 AP pig charges because of a gremlin within 8"). The other Trapper draws a bead on an exposed Bayou Gremlin taht was partying it up and sadly ruins his good time. Som'er sends another Gremlin to go Get his Bro replacing the lose...my other skeeter air traffic controller distracted by a lightning bug or something failed to give the squadron the order to return to base for refueling and rearming... and Von Schill's cadre of proffessional killers begin their plod forward unoppossed.

Turn 2, what's up Som'er with the initiative again. Because the piglet squadron is forward deployed the Hog Whisperer has to emerge from cover to use Never Happen, a decision that spells his doom and nets only one piglet the ability to fly. He falls quickly to the might of the trapper bullets. The lone flying piggy tries valiantly to avenge his falling friend, almost bringing him down with a cavalcade of 1 AP pig charges. In an attempt to redirect the rest of the squadron to the main threat advancing unopposed to Som'er's left flank a skeeter air traffic controller again botches the encoded radio message. Som'er has no choice but to relay the message himself...and Von Schill's cadre again advances unopposed.

Turn 3, Som'er initatitve again. With the glow of a flamenwerfer as their guidance, the piglets begin their attack runs...6 attacks netting two wounded friekorpsmen. As a brave Bayou Gremlin gun team advances to address the trapper menace to the right (and finish off the one screaming in agony from the earlier piglet attacks) a Librarian/ medic arrives first and miraculously heals the mortally wounded trapper completely (red joker healing flip). Surely the Gremlins have woken a sleeping Giant... and yet their is a chance, Von Schill has advanced a little too far I think. Som'er plays a dangerous gambit which might lead to ultimate victory, he sprints from cover to engage the aging master of the Friekorps.

Turn 4, the gambit rides on the flip of this next card... thump-thump, thump-thump, thump-thump... and the initiative flip is a draw, we both reflip and Som'er moves a hair quicker. Delivering the Message to Von Schill from Zoraida inviting him to her upcoming 400th birthday party for 4 VP's. And now to survive...

What began as a dream alas ended in a nightmare, the squadron dispersed, the Gremlins slain, Som'er succumbs to the combined might of Von Schill's forces. Even the handful of Soulstones in his pocket couldn't buy him freedom. Von Schill wrested control of the Bayou's Edge from the fleeing Gremlins.

Overall a very enjoyable game, Zach definately knows how to run the Friekorps. In retrospect my crew choice was probably less then optimal (the benefits of Friekorps armor taking away a large portion of the destructive capability of the Bayou's finest) and the inability of my skeeters to assist in controlling the Piglet Squadron proved too difficult to overcome. I eagerly await a rematch after the league with either Zach or Nathan.

Day six results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 9 of which battled it out this Saturday night.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of some Ancient Ruins and amassed 6 VP to wrest control of the Warehouses from Allie's Leveticus crew who walked away with 2 VP.

Jeremy's Lady Justice wagered control of the slums managing 7 VP to seize control of a Ghost Town from Anthony's Rasputina crew who withdrew with 1 VP.

David's Lilith wagered control of his Mine System managing a commanding 8 VP and wresting control of the Ancient Ruins from Sean's Vicktoria's who managaed 1 VP.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of some of his Ruins managing 5 VP and usurping control of a Necropolis from Nathan's Von Schill crew who sadly managed 0 VP.

And the last battle was fought between John's Vicktoria's who retained control of his Mountain's and garnered control of a piece of the Industrial Zone with 6 VP's against (due to an odd number of players) Brad who gathered 0 VP's..

League Day 6 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 10 controlled locations
  2. Steven's Lilith, 8 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  3. Zach's Von Schill, 7 contorlled locations
  4. David's Lilith, 7 controlled locations
  5. John's Viktoria, 7 controlled locations
  7. Nathan's Von Schill, 6 controlled locations (3 Salted)
  8. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  9. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations
  10. Wes' Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  11. Jason's Sonnia, 3 controlled locations
  12. Allie's Leveticus, 3 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  13. Sean's Viktoria, 2 controlled locations
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 1 controlled locations (1 Salted)

Will the original Mother of Monsters

(not to be confused with this one)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDUg3GFzIOY1WaPj38sNx2OO2JNXTPB5S7ScHykyTRcXXtAEu-

or those motivated by hard currency be able to stage a late league rally and stop Jake's Dreamer from clenching it. There are still 4 days of hard fighting left (and more importantly only 3 days left to finish painting your entries for the Artisan of Malifaux award).

One last note before we close this one up, best wishes to Darlene who had to leave early due to illness. Hopefully nothing serious and we look forward to seeing you at the next league game this Thursday.

Edited by Omenbringer