Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

Cheers Viruk, now he's finished I'm pretty pleased with the three gremlins. A nice mix of death marshal menace and gremlin idiocy!

I've not got a photo of him finished, but here's the Judge coming along nicely:

judgetorsolegs.jpg

When I get him finished I'll take group and individual shots of the whole box set, as it were.

In other news, I've painted a bit more of hungering darkness, the bone is sorted now so it's on to the muscles next:

HDbonesingle.jpg

Things trundle on nicely, Judge has come together really fast (two sessions so far, and I know what I want to do with him next). I might even get him done before November if I'm lucky!

Cheers Viruk, I'm starting to see how he'll come together now. It's always the way with this kind of piece, when I start it looks awful and then slowly it starts to come together. I've learned to ignore the worries when I start each stage, and just focus on how it needs to end up.

Will hopefully get some more done this weekend, and perhaps even get the judge close to finished too.

Well, I know I said close to finished, but I finished him last night. Just under a week to get him totally done isn't bad I think. So without further ado, here's today's update - The Green Justice box set completed!

GJgroup_zpsc532c33d.jpg

GJustice_zps44479a2f.jpg

judge_zps953ce370.jpg

zippy_zps0fb42e99.jpg

bungle_zps4b95cb88.jpg

george_zps643b3144.jpg

So what do people think? Justice is bigger than the others, the judge is in the middle heightwise, and the gremlins are a bit smaller (as befits minions) but have huge coffins to balance it out. I have to admit, I'm pretty pleased with how they've come out.

Cheers all, it's good to know they look the business! When I get them cast up I'll post photos of the resin copies and keep people up to date with the painting.

I'm tempted to do a little poll to see how many people would want a set if they were available, mostly just to make my ego happy! Not sure how appropriate that would be though...

Ok, I have in and went for the ego boost option. There's a poll to say if you would want a set for yourself, as prize support, or neither. Or you can select more than one choice. It's here:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?36739-The-unofficial-Green-Justice-set!

This is NOT me saying I plan to cast them, or that Wyrd have expressed an interest, or anything. It's just me being curious since I have no idea how many people have mentioned buying a set since this project started!

Alright, November is turning out to be a bit of a harsh month for me, there's a lot going on so updates will be sporadic I suspect.

Still, before that happens, I believe I promised a teaser photo of a project I've been working on. 26 hands on it so far, and many more to go...

MM12DG60011TsIm281012_zps86d2a2a3.jpg

Heh, it's not entirely made of hands, so hopefully that will mitigate the effect somewhat! You might just be able to see the hands blending and softening as they get closer to the elbow, by the shoulder they'll be gone basically.

But of course, you don't have to like it, if it's not to your taste then you should feel free to say so! That's the joy of it all *wink*

Well, time for an update. NaNo is killing my free time, but here's the progress on Mr Graves, complete with less obvious weapon. He's not finished, but I'm pretty happy with the look, black veins, tiny eyes with purple irises, and orange and purple stripes for a little in joke about being dual faction. Shoes, tie, armbands and crowd control barrier to do, then the base and he's sorted.

Graves_zpsfb6e3ab0.jpg

Oh, and the little green bit will be the VIP area carpet, the rest will be two different woods with the occasional stone tile, like where the eye is. HD is on hold until I get NaNo done, as I cant spend the whole day painting and photographing him at the moment!

This next one isn't a malifaux piece, but I'm going to be working on this to push my use of lighting direction and effect. So far though, she's annoyed me by being difficult to clean up and needing a groove where her sword used to hang resculpting (why did she even have one?!)

falconer01_zps6c3898ed.jpg

Enjoy, and as always feel free to compliment, criticise, or anything you like!