Obey and Reclaim Malifaux

aka_hazard

I.... really don't know about this. Wish I had my RM on me to double check the definitions on Friendly model...and just how that translates to "your model..."

My guess is the intention would be for a no though. But that's only a guess, need a Marshal to stop by on this it looks.

*sets out some cheeese*

I think it should work. With the other Zoraida question, she had to do it herself so it didn't count. With this it just has to be one of your models. During obey that model counts as yours so why shouldn't it?

The same for startegies such as Destroy the evidence.

I am quite new to Malifaux so don't take me too serious, I'm merely adding thoughts here.

In Magic The Gathering, it is a very clear distinction between "owning player" and "controlling player". Owning player can never change, but controlling can.

The question of this topic would be answered by "your models" being "owning players" and therefore Obey wouldn't work since it only changes the controlling player.

That's how I would argue until someone convinced me otherwise I think.

I think it should work. With the other Zoraida question, she had to do it herself so it didn't count. With this it just has to be one of your models. During obey that model counts as yours so why shouldn't it?

The same for startegies such as Destroy the evidence.

Yeah of course, on reflection I agree with you - obeyed models are "friendly" so should be fine.

I.... really don't know about this. Wish I had my RM on me to double check the definitions on Friendly model...and just how that translates to "your model..."

My guess is the intention would be for a no though. But that's only a guess, need a Marshal to stop by on this it looks.

*sets out some cheese*

and a plate of Cookies :D

Cookies work better than cheese any day.

In discussion.

And this is something I really appreciate about Wyrd as a whole. No quick off the cuff answers to satisfy questions, you take the time to find out how the answer will effect the game and come to a logical conclusion. I've stopped playing other TT mini games to concentrate on Malifaux for reasons just like this. Many thanks WS!

btw: I just started playing Zoraida and would be fine either way.