Hoffman and the M&SU

Bleeding Through

Hello.

Not sure if this is the right bit in which to ask but if I am using Hoffman as my master with the M&SU from other crews if I hire them do I pay the extra soulstone for out of faction or does Hoffman`s M&SU offset that and allow me to pay only there normal soulstone cost?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

hi, i find something like this,

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19464&highlight=M%26SU+Member

may be helpful.

but, the basic principle is:

:rangedModels hired from outside the player's chosen faction (Master's faction i think) cost +1 ss...

:ranged ..., models with the mercenary characteristic, and models permitted to join the crew through any other special hiring rules. Models hired by a crew must meet all special hiring rule restrictions or they can not be hired.

page 71 (RM)

i think m&su is not a special hiring rule.

so, must pay +1 ss.

I may be wrong here, butIdon't remember Hoffman having any rule that allowed him to hire MS&U members or assets.

He can hire constructs, which will cost the additional SS.

He can hire Johan as a mercenary, and Johans rule will kick in making him cheaper (which in effect is canceled out by the out of faction cost).

But thats it

He can hire Arcanist Constructs that do not have Frozen Heart or Smouldering Heart, but he does it at +1SS as it is out of faction.

Yes, he can take those, but there are a couple MS&U assets that are in there, (large Steam-punk arachnid, soulstone miner). He is limited to 2 of those, and if he does he can't take guild special forces. See the Special forces rules for details. There is no real using the elite forces with him. Maybe the guy with the chain gun , I think he is a construct also.

Ooohh, I do see a point of using him. I recall Ryle has an ability that makes him always non-friendly which restricts any buffs he could get.

Ryle is never considered friendly for the purpose of targets.

Hoffmans good spells (machine Puppet, Overide Eddict) State target construct, thus bypassing :D

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome thread, if I may add a question of my own.

Can I take Hoffman and Ramos in a Brawl as my 2 Masters?

If you are playing a guild list then yes you can.

There is no way to get Rasputina and Hoffman in the same list.

Pick a faction, hire a leader from that faction. IN a brawl you may hire another leader followign normaa hiring restrictions.

Hoffman is allowed to hire Ramos as he is a construct without frozen or smoldering heart. (Guild Crew)

Colette is allowed to hire hoffman (Ms&U member) (Arcanist crew).

I do believe that it means that if your crew has C. Hoffman as its leader it can hire constructs from the arcanists SO LONG AS the dont have the burning heart or frozen soul tallents, btw i am not entirely sure if those tallents are exaclty worded like that but when you see the you will understand.

hope this helps

DoT5