Pandora (Avatar form) commissioned from The War Gamer Hub

chadmeister

Recently, I was looking for someone to paint my Pandora - Bringer of Woe (Avatar form). I'm not a bad painter but have less time to paint and looking for a commission painter to work on some possible future projects. I've tried a few painters a couple of years (e.g. Blue Table, local guys, etc) but haven't been completely 100% satisfied. Luckily the last year or so, with the advent of blogging, have produced a great amount of quality small commission painters.

After hearing about The War Gamer hub on the 11th Company podcast, I did a little research checking out his website and blog. I liked the quality of painting that he seemed produced for the price plus the ease of the shopping cart had some appeal too. I did the level 2 with light affect as I thought it be be awesome to see some OSL come from the spirits. Attached are the results or you can check out their blog as well

Overall I would have to say I was quite pleased with not only the model but the level of customer service. Turn around time time was about two weeks from when they received my model. Plus I got weekly update with clear pictures asking for any input or request with the progress. I wasn't expecting this level of service and would recommend to anyone else looking for a commission painter.

post-4811-1391192146424_thumb.jpg

post-4811-13911921464411_thumb.jpg

That's a really nice looking model and I'm sure they are going to be thrilled.

In terms of painting, the only thing I would suggest is to lighten the eye color a little for that sort of osl. If the eye itself is the source of the light you can make it much lighter (pure white really) and let the glow convey the color. Still, fantastic work!