Howdy all

count_zero99uk

Hey there from the sunny UK.

Saw the getting started post on Tabletop Gaming News and thought this looks like fun.

Ive been trying to find a rulebook, but the only ones i can find are the slimline one at £9.99 and the Rising Powers one. Not an original book.

If im wanting to get into Malifaux do i need to the original book? or does the slimline one have the fluff in?

Thanks.

Brian.

Welcome to the Wyrder side of things!

To answer your question, to get into the game as far as all the rules you need to play you just need the rules manual (the slimline book) it does not have any of the background, just the rules. The first book is good for the fabulous background and the model info but the rules are out of date, Rising Powers continues and expands on the stories from the first book plus introduces new characters.

Hope that clears things up :)

Welcome aborad the good ship Malifaux.

For fluff and a general overview of all models, the original book and rising powers are great. For just the rules themselves then the manual is fine.

Me...im a fluff monkey and have both original books and the manual. The manual is a little less daunting for demos and when travelling about.

Cool, im in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Will probably be a little while before i get any minis and then even longer before i get them painted. Im a little slow when it comes to that. I do however have a blog for the stuff i do manage to get painted, if anyone is interested its here

http://brushwars.wordpress.com/.

Ill let you know my opinion when it arrives :).

Take care all.

• 1 month later...