Least annoying master?

ChefsDad

Hi there.

Ive painted a crew for The Dreamer and was looking at painting Pandora next.

However, our player base at the club is fairly new and she can be crazy frustrating to play against. Collodi just arrived so i was thinking of using him with Zoraida. Is that acceptible?

Who would you guys consider the least frustrating Neverborn master to play against?

Ther is no not annoying Neverborn master... :)

Lilith might be...because she gets her Points in melle... and thats one thing you can controll fairly...

But I think Neverborn in genreal have very frustrating potential to all of their opponents... if they do not know what to do against them,....

BTW

Collodi & Zoraida is mean! :D

I agree Lilith would be my choice as the least annoying neverborn master as she is mainly Melee focused yes she can swap models around and create a forest. But that is nothing compared to the shenanigans the other neverborn masters can do.

Collodi and Mrs Z are awesome had my first game last week with them and got a 3vp draw facing of against Sheamus with a shared claim jump.

I will third that. Lilith is probably the least annoying, though still with potential to get on people's nerves. This is more because of pesky nature of Nephilim minions, who generaly are very good for their points and synergize very well as a crew.

I'll throw my 2 cents in and say that I would rather face Lilith than the rest of the Neverborn masters any day. Sure, she is a beast in melee, and can move models around and put forests down. But she and her usual crew of nephelim don't require a model take WP test after WP test (except for Nekima and Lelitu, i guess), Obeys, or buried model shenanigans.

Lillith is pretty much a tank, but she's pretty straightforward about it (has kind of a "punch it to death, if that doesn't work, punch harder" attitude). So I'd go with that if you're looking for Neverborn with the intent to NOT annoy.

But as others have said (reworded) pretty much every master in the game is annoying to some degree (I personally have a lot of trouble with Kirai at the moment) but they all have a weakness as well that can be used against them (Go in to kill Kirai as early as possible, ignoring other spirits if possible).

I'd just choose whichever one you like the look of the most right now (so Pandora) and if you're worried that the other player(s) won't have fun, do what I do, start throwing the game enough so they still have a challenge, but not enough that they can tell you're doing it (or maybe talk about the battle afterwards to go over strategy on how you could have been defeated, and hopefully they will do the same for their crew). I have to do the former for players who get upset very easily (like my nephew that's 8), but get to do the latter much more often and find it VERY satisfying.

The kin with z can cost a lot,but cherry-picking them for the strategy works well for me. I find rami to be well worth his 7 ss so far. Papa has had his uses too (vs alp bomb/dreamer) but his tricks become easy to avoid.

I need to go check my books, but I thought there was a reason you could not take ophelia with z.

What most players describe as annoying masters can often relate to Masters that posses lots of tricks and some power to back it up. With that in mind, the least annoying Master (as in just the model themself) is probably Lilith.

All other Neverborn Masters possess a large bag of tricks with enough oomph to back them up But Lilith is easily the most straight forward and the trickiest thing she is going to do (which I admit has a huge amount of potential) is Transposition. But that is easy to understand, 2 models switch places. But being easy to understand doesn't mean you will always catch every instance where this can be disastrous for you and it isn't even always in your control to prevent it.

But in all honesty, annoyance is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not annoyed what I play against any of the Neverborn Masters as I find it an exciting challenge to go against them. I love playing Hoffman against the Dreamer and trying to figure out how to deal with the incoming Nightmares, or Leveticus against Pandora and basically dueling back and forth with her trading near death blows. My basic point is, the game is what you make of it. :)