Stolen Malifaux - Hamelin crew in the making

Stolen

Hi all, I've just recently gotten my very first Malifaux crew, played quite a few games against the, so far only, local opponent and am enjoying the game tremendously.

I've been lurking the forums for a few days now, but I don't like writing introductory posts before I have anything to contribute, and thus I thought I might as well introduce myself by posting my first painted mini. Here it is:

Photo0650.jpgPhoto0648.jpgPhoto0649.jpg

I really enjoyed painting this lowly rat, so now I've started painting Hamelin himself. Expect to see him done soon.

Welcome to Malifaux Stolen and these here forums!! your gonna love it here! I am glad to hear your enjoying the game and hope your gaming experience continues and grows!

and what a well painted rat you have there! only another dozen or so to go :-D ... I look forwards to seeing how Hamelin comes out...

Ladies and Gentlemen, It's Hamelin the Plagued:

Photo0669.jpgPhoto0672.jpg

I wasn't planning on painting the glow from his staff around his hands, but when the rest of the model was done I did feel like he was missing something to link the blue eyes I'm giving the entire crew with the mysterious plague, so I did it anyways.

I hope you like it. So what will I paint next? a kid, Nix, or one of the many, many rats I need? I think I'll save Nix for later, so that leaves kids and rats, hmm...

realy good job, cute rat, but i'm interesting about the shade of the stones (base); how did you do that? because i will paint my gravestones like this :)

Its P3 Ironhull Grey drybrushed with a mix of the same and Citadel Bleached Bone, with progressively more Bleached Bone until I thought it looked right. Then I just painted a sloppy amount of Citadel Gryphonne Sepia wash between the cobblestone, and that's it.

It all really just comes down to learning how to drybrush. ;)

Its P3 Ironhull Grey drybrushed with a mix of the same and Citadel Bleached Bone, with progressively more Bleached Bone until I thought it looked right. Then I just painted a sloppy amount of Citadel Gryphonne Sepia wash between the cobblestone, and that's it.

It all really just comes down to learning how to drybrush. ;)

Thanks for instructions, i certainly must take advantage of this combination of colours :)

• 11 months later...

Wow... nearly a year since I painted Hamelin. I'd say its about time I finished the crew, so here it is:

dKMT3l.jpg

tsGqPl.jpg

WvMd7l.jpg

avuzOl.jpg

I still need to paint eight more rats... but I consider the crew done for now, and I'm moving on the finish a Hoffman crew and some Vics.

I promise I won't wait a year before posting those. :Smug_Puppet1: