Coming Soon - A Theater near you (WIP)

CannonFodder

I finally am getting around to building a set of interior terrain for my LGS. We have ton of external terrain for WM/H but nothing interior. I wanted to build something modular, solid enough to withstand random people using it and lastly not too time intensive. Once you put too much time in it you want to protect it which I can't do if I leave it in the LGS.

So I've worked out a way to have large building on exterior terrain boards so you can go around the building or threw it. I'm starting with all the parts to make a theater. I figure most building have the same requirements, floor walls and doors. Once you have a set of modular parts for those, each other type of building only needs 2-3 smaller parts to make it different. I started with a downloadable papercraft set by the same company that make the Malifaux terrain (http://www.worldworksgames.com) And made some customization and worked out how to add it to Foamcore boards.

2011-06-14_21-47-54_601.jpg

2011-06-14_21-46-05_7.jpg

The white paper are filler for 2 other smaller rooms I'll add later. Currently need to finish the wall sections, I need enough to go around the building and inside room dividers, I still have to put bottoms on the wall section I already made. They will be L shaped once done so it hooks under the boards. Once that done I'll make a custom stage prop/backdrop.

As You can see I already assemble some book shelves that I'll use as parts for a library. I want to be able to have enough to build a library, Church, Bar, morgue, and Warehouse/brewery. I figure the table I have should good for a theater/bar/library, I need some pews that will be good for Library & church.

for the Theater I made the front of the stage, and will also make the stage prop/background. The church will need a Proper alter. The Bar will need... well the bar. The morgue is going to need the most unique parts, examination tables and fridge. While the brewery will need a couple kegs and vats.

I know its not as big of a project as some of the full tables I've seen here, but considering its my first attempt at something more than a building I'm happy with the way its going. So far I figure about 8 hours, including some research for the image sources.