Malifaux Club Tournament

magicpockets

Well, interesting update on this. As I'm not a part of the Henchman program or approved by Wyrd I won't be organising this tournament for winter. Apologies to all who showed interest and I hope someone else "more suitable" picks this up as I really think it had potential.

And of course this has nothing to do with how vocally opposed I was to the ranking system in another thread.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, interesting update on this. As I'm not a part of the Henchman program or approved by Wyrd I won't be organising this tournament for winter. Apologies to all who showed interest and I hope someone else "more suitable" picks this up as I really think it had potential.

And of course this has nothing to do with how vocally opposed I was to the ranking system in another thread.

Thats a shame, a club challenge event would have been superb on the calendar.

Really sorry to hear that. I think you'd make a great TO.

If there's anything I can do to support you with making the event a go again please just let me know.

- James

Thats a real shame. A number of us were very interested in this. Thanks anyway.

I thought that there was no requirement to be a Henchman to be the TO. Just need attendance by a Henchman for it to be officially recognised.

I've heard this before somewhere, but giving it some thought I have to admit to being very puzzled by the concept! What does "officially recognised" mean anyway? Why should there be any restrictions on gatherings of people, Henchmen present or otherwise, to play this game? Surely anyone could organise an event of any size if they wanted and people showed up.

Mike

I've heard this before somewhere, but giving it some thought I have to admit to being very puzzled by the concept! What does "officially recognised" mean anyway? Why should there be any restrictions on gatherings of people, Henchmen present or otherwise, to play this game? Surely anyone could organise an event of any size if they wanted and people showed up.

Mike

I have to agree with this, I can't see why an event should need to have a henchman present at all.

If it is to make it an official Wyrd event then does that really matter? How many wfb/40k events are supported by GW and they have great success it shouldnt be any different with Malifaux.

Okay, I think I need to step back in and clarify this is nothing to do with Wyrd here as far as I know. It's more an "opinion" that got shared with me and, given everything else and how busy I am with work, I've decided to leave it for someone else to hopefully do.

[Could I suggest that Jo organise this (if she wants to) to be the "otherside" of the GT on the calendar (i.e. in Feb/March)? She's certainly got TO down to an art (admittedly a more Salvador Dali style art :)) and Maelstrom is a perfect venue for the numbers which have shown interest]

Well, as this idea was originally discussed between myself and Magic at the start, im happy to take the reins on this, in conjunction with James and Jo one or both of you want to get involved? I am quite keen to get this organised, and have been since we had the idea...

As for official Wyrd event, the difference is that (as I understand it) an official Wyrd event receives Wyrd support in the way of donated prizes. Not a massive thing but it all helps make an event more successful.

As a TO, it is also nice to work with Wyrd to bring an event to life for the benefit of all.

Well, as this idea was originally discussed between myself and Magic at the start

and have been since we had the idea...

Hold on a sec, I'm not playing anymore - but I haven't cancelled my account on the forum or anything just yet. To clarify, this was something that was devised betwene me, James (MythicFox) and Craig (ukrocky) at the last Maelstrom event long before you picked up your first Malifaux model. In fact, I don't recall discussing this with you except in passing when it came up in conversation.

I let your earlier attempt to jack this idea go without comment ->

great, thanks Wulfila, looking promising so far....I think we are looking at a Winter date, as there seems to be less tournaments that time of year, flights are often cheaper and gives us plenty of time to get the event organised.

Will discuss further with MagicPockets and give you all a provisional date...

But blatantly trying to muscle in like this is a bit much. I don't mind who does this moving forward, but I can't let comments like that go without pointing out you had no involvement in this and I can only see what you're doing as trying to blag your way into running what is clearly going to be a big and important event.

Sorry Ash, but it needed to be said.

Can I just clarify that it is NOT a requirement that a tournament has to be run by a Henchman, or even that one has to be at the event (or even in the same country).

[The rankings proposal includes a henchman requirement, but as ateam event I would assume that it wouldn't be a ranking event.]

Finally, @ magicpockets - teddies back into pram please - I don't believe that anyone (especially Drake) is trying to take over/take credit for what you've been doing on this topic. Drake may not be aware of conversations you've had prior to a discussion at club night so to him it's an initial discussion.

So let's all chill and look forward to a fun event sometime soon, somewhere in Europe!

Finally, @ magicpockets - teddies back into pram please - I don't believe that anyone (especially Drake) is trying to take over/take credit for what you've been doing on this topic. Drake may not be aware of conversations you've had prior to a discussion at club night so to him it's an initial discussion.

So let's all chill and look forward to a fun event sometime soon, somewhere in Europe!

Thanks Clousseau, and apologies to Magicpockets, I genuinely didnt realise this went back further than our initial chats about this. If I have stepped on anyones toes I apologise. Im certainly not trying to muscle in here.

Apologies to jump in again,but thought it was fair I respond and clarify this is merely a misunderstanding on my part as I obviously didnt realise the previous history to this.

Im shutting up now

Only just read half of this Adam, why don't you and I do this for February/ March. No need to step out of this altogether if you still wanting to be involved or something

I'll have plenty of time after the GT and thanks for saying i've got it down to an art :D

I'm not wanting to step on toes either, and will only be involved if people want me to be.

Only just read half of this Adam, why don't you and I do this for February/ March. No need to step out of this altogether if you still wanting to be involved or something

I'll have plenty of time after the GT and thanks for saying i've got it down to an art :D

I'm not wanting to step on toes either, and will only be involved if people want me to be.

Thanks Jo, but I think you (or maybe you and James if you need help - which I don't think you do, plus James probably wants to play ;)) should run with this considering how the past Maelstrom events have gone. It looks like it could be bigger than we even thought at first and I think it needs someone with experience to make it what it can be. In fact, as Steve is also jacking in playing (so he says ;)) maybe he could help? Either way, I know it'll be just about good enough with you at the helm :lol:

And Dave, thanks for the teddies out of pram line, really means a lot.

Adam.....i owe you a drink. Nice to feel wanted.......

SO..............How are you lot all set for February!?

I'll speak to Maelstrom tomorrow. Anyone have any preferences

I'd start up a new thread with links at the bottom of the existing two, and PM the people I listed on this (or the other??) thread to let them know you're running with this and about the new thread. It'll be a lot cleaner, plus we cut out the "omfg" in the middle