Malifaux, #5 minis game in the industry

pigi314159

I'm not sure how you could possibly think that but lets just agree to disagree then

The fact that they group things differently does not mean their ability to count is flawed. If you have to count a number of blocks by color and choose to group orange with red instead of with yellow (or even its own group) it doesn't mean that you're incapable of knowing how many orange blocks there are.

Maybe you could elaborate on why you think their counting Dark Heavens as a miniature game makes them incapable of accurately reporting the sales of that, or any other game?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could elaborate on why you think their counting Dark Heavens as a miniature game makes them incapable of accurately reporting the sales of that, or any other game?

As I never said that I don't know why I would comment to that effect.

As I said, let's just agree to disagree. I doubt that anyone other than us cares and if you want to continue the discussion then feel free to Pm or email me and we can chat about it privately.

Edited by pixelgeek

This conversation has taken a pretty silly turn...

So people don't use Reaper minis for non-collectible tabletop miniature games?

They differentiate between Warmachine and Hordes. You honestly don't see anything funny in lumping all (some? Who knows?) Reaper minis under a long defunct game line?

This conversation has taken a pretty silly turn...

They differentiate between Warmachine and Hordes. You honestly don't see anything funny in lumping all (some? Who knows?) Reaper minis under a long defunct game line?

The thing is, Dark Haven as a line isn't defunct. Most of the green backs you see at the LGS are from the Dark Haven line. We don't know the methodology of the poll, we don't know their questions, and we don't know how the polled stores/distributors/guy with an ebay account answered.

There are infinite variables we just don't know. Any one of them could completely skew the results.

Actually, GW raising prices at random again seems to have pushed a lot of people locally into looking into other game systems (me in particular). Granted, I'm wishing I had looked into Malifaux more seriously before now that I'm in, but that seems to have been the big tipping point for a lot of folks. That and the ridiculously low buy-in, we've got five people with starter sets of their own and I just did the first demo last week.

You're not even close to kidding there! I did a two person demo Sunday, four new players later....