Is it worth taking more than one Insidious Madness

Koschai

I run a Pandora crew, currently with the basic box plus Doppleganger and Insidious Madness. I just picked up Copellius, Teddy and 2 Stitched Togethers to give me some flexibility and the ability to run her from several different perspectives.

My question then is that I noticed I can take more than one Insidious Madness... is it going to be worth my while buying a 2nd? Will I ever put together a Pandora list with 2 Madnesses?

Thanks

Another Insidious Madness is NOT needed. 1 is more than enough. In all honesty, I don't even run 1 at times and do just fine without it. :)

Barby

I run a Pandora crew, currently with the basic box plus Doppleganger and Insidious Madness. I just picked up Copellius, Teddy and 2 Stitched Togethers to give me some flexibility and the ability to run her from several different perspectives.

My question then is that I noticed I can take more than one Insidious Madness... is it going to be worth my while buying a 2nd? Will I ever put together a Pandora list with 2 Madnesses?

Thanks

At the tournament yesterday I was playing Pandora (with one Madness) and was on the receiving end of 2 Madnesses in a Kirai crew, along with Jack Daw.

Ant completely took me to pieces, and the Madnesses were a big part of that. Admittedly this is a guy who knows exactly how to take on Pandora, so it was an education for me!

2 Madnesses gives you some redundancy, so if you lose one you can still cause your opponent difficulties. Not essential, but good if you're going to rely on them for anything

Mike

At the tournament yesterday I was playing Pandora (with one Madness) and was on the receiving end of 2 Madnesses in a Kirai crew, along with Jack Daw.

Ant completely took me to pieces, and the Madnesses were a big part of that. Admittedly this is a guy who knows exactly how to take on Pandora, so it was an education for me!

2 Madnesses gives you some redundancy, so if you lose one you can still cause your opponent difficulties. Not essential, but good if you're going to rely on them for anything

Mike

At least now you know how to stop that...

Taking 2 can be a very good idea. Crucial initiative flips are very common. Having 2 means you can sac 1 to gain initiative and still have another to screw with your opponent's head. Especially if that second one is in melee with a few of your opponent's living models...

Kirai can hire any model with the Spirit characteristic, from any faction.

In the same way, Marcus can hire cross faction Beasts, and Leveticus can hire any model with either Construct or Undead labels.

Mike.

And Zoraida can hire any living model with Wp 4 or less (though you still have to pay the "out of faction" cost) :D

Speaking of Zoraida, I played a game last night with the following list:

Zoraida w/6 stones

Jack Daw

2x Stitched Together

2x Madness

Baby Kade (Waldergeists hadn't appeared on my doorstep yet)

It was Destroy evidence vs Distract. The Madness's speed was fantastic, along with one giving :-fate Wp flips vs Jack Daw's Suppressed Memories and Heartstopper trigger (along with Doomed), and the other doing the same for the Stitched Together's Gamble effects. Worked a treat. I love them.

If you have one in your crew and 4 stones left with no idea what to buy (and you don't need to cache), I reckon a second couldn't hurt. Though it depends on the rest of the list e.g. if you're running with Nephilim it might be worth taking an extra Tot. Same applies to Alps.