Hoffman/Ramos and Gunsmiths

Carcosannoble

Question

9 answers to this question

If I take Hoffman as my primary master and then hire Ramos as my secondary, am I able to hire Gunsmiths? Ramos being able to hire a plethora of M&SU Assets as he pleases.

Short answer:

No.

Long answer:

The Special Forces(M&SU Asset) allows Ramos to break the usual limit of two. - It does not let him hire them from out of faction.

Also - You do not take a 'primary Master' - you select a Faction - which for a Hoffman/Ramos pairing has to be the Guild.

This means you have to stick to Guild models, up to two Mercenaries aswell as what the Masters can bring along - Of the two only Hoffman can take models from out of Faction - Arcanist Constructs (which is also the reason you can take Ramos in the first place).

So no Gunsmiths - although you can take as many Miners and Large Arachnids as you please (not limited to two).

Short answer:

No.

That sucks.

Long answer:

The Special Forces(M&SU Asset) allows Ramos to break the usual limit of two. - It does not let him hire them from out of faction.

That doesn't sit right with me. My logic is that you've got him one your force, so you've got access to all of his abilities, one of which is hiring as many M&SU Assets as I like. Point in fact, how is it that you can hire Leveticus out of faction and then be restricted in your options because of him.

Also - You do not take a 'primary Master' - you select a Faction - which for a Hoffman/Ramos pairing has to be the Guild.

I thought it was obvious that I was picking Guild as the faction when I said Hoffman was my primary. Since Hoffman is a guild model and all that.

This means you have to stick to Guild models, up to two Mercenaries aswell as what the Masters can bring along - Of the two only Hoffman can take models from out of Faction - Arcanist Constructs (which is also the reason you can take Ramos in the first place).

Usually that would certainly be the case, what's in question here is Ramos' ability.

So no Gunsmiths - although you can take as many Miners and Large Arachnids as you please (not limited to two).

I do not please to have Miners and Large Arachnids. Mate, looks like we're going to have to do this the hard way.

Wodschow is correct. You're playing a Guild Crew so you cannot hire Arcanist models. Hoffman allows you to break this limitation for certain models (Arcanist Constructs). Ramos allows you to ignore the Special Force limitation but not the general rule that you cannot hire out of faction.

Same situation happens with Kirai who hires The Dreamer. Dreamer removes Rare from Teddies but you still cannot hire them as you're playing a Resurrectionist crew and there is no rule that allows you to hire Teddies out of faction.

-Ropetus