• Crooked Man
    [4ss]

• Madame Sybelle
    [6ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

Now I've purchased Jackdaw and am intending on giving him a run out on my next game with this list:

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter
--
2 Cache

Copycat Killer [2ss]

• Bete Noire
    [9ss]

• Jack Daw
    [10ss]

• Punk Zombie
    [5ss]

• Punk Zombie
    [5ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

Couple of questions -

1) What sort of tactics would you use with Jackdaw as looking at his stats and abilities and reading about him on this forum he seems pretty powerful?

2) Is this a decent Seamus list or is there too many ss tied up in special characters?

I'm a fairly new player so any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Belles, Belles, Belles!

Always want a ton of Belles!

For any other resser master, Crooked Men are good against Ranged Crews.

Against a Ranged model, they have 6 Df, can drop Shafted Markers, and have a ranged weapon (Albeit 4 Cb).

However, for Seamus, Rotten Belles work FAR better.

With a Wk of 6 (4+2) and the almighty (1)Lure they are the BEST model to take in high quantity under any circumstance, whether it's ranged, melee, tanks, spells, AoE, swarms, whatever.

They will devour damage like no tomorrow, they increase your Battlefield control twenty fold, and after they finally do fall, you can pick them right back up with (0)Arise, my Sweet!

Bete Noire is great, she adds boats of Damage, she greatly helps with shutting down powerful models, and she is nigh unkillable.

Problem? She costs you 9 SS.

That's two Belles and one rock for the road.

I can't necessarily say "DONT TAKE HER SHES BAD" but I can certainly say "Try spamming Belles, it's excellent."

Jack Daw really is amazing.

He's incredibly useful.

He's also 10 points.

That's two Belles and Two rocks for the road.

A fairly standard list you might like,

Seamus the Made Hatter - 7 SS Cache

Copy Cat Killer - 2 SS Cost

Madame Sybelle - 6 SS Cost

Convict Gunslinger - 6 SS Cost

Rotten Belle - 4 SS Cost

Rotten Belle - 4 SS Cost

Rotten Belle - 4 SS Cost

Rotten Belle - 4 SS Cost

This gives you;

1. Average Numerical Advantage: You're taking 8 models. In a 35 SS game, the average is about 6. This will often allow you to simply wait through Activations until you have the ability to safely pull off certain traps without fear of immediate reprecussion.

2. Alpha Strike Capability: Madame Sybelle and 4 Rotten Belles are a force to be reckoned with, that's for sure. The ability to activate a high number of multiple models before your opponent can even react can often turn the tide in your favor.

3. Auto-Cannon with a Fail Safe: The Convict Gunslinger can dish out Ranged abuse like no tomorrow. Problem is, nobody you play against is going to take kindly to that abuse. Most often you will find him singled out for murder, but you can easily lure him 10" quickly and easily. Your best bet with the Convict is to put him 6-10" away from an objective and plant him them for the entire game, if he sees something, obliterate it.

I suppose I should just allude to the Tactica link in my Sig for graet justice, but I'll just not do that. ;]

Belles and Crooked Men complement each other well, because the belles can make your shafted markers go off, as opposed to them just being general area denial tools.

It would help your chances of winning in my opinion if you did not approach the game set out to play with a certain list no matter what. There are many relevant factors that you get to know ahead of time before you make your list such as the faction you are playing against and the strategies you will be trying to accomplish, and the terrain on the board.

Also you pick schemes after you know what your opponent is using so use that to your advantage as well.

Belles are nice to put your opponent out of position but if their strategy is Turf War for instance, they are less useful since they generally pull models closer to your side of the table. Of course you could run them around and pull them back off your side of the table but that is a little more risky and may not succeed because they might die first. The point is in a game with as many options as Malifaux has, there are very few models that are good in every situation such that you will include them in your list every time.

Bete Noir is good if you need a specific model dead, because you can pop her out right next to them and flurry away. However, she is not as good against a construct army because that limits when she can be deployed to your models. Not the end of the world because most of the time it is better to do it when your model dies so that she doesn't get killed instantly. But like Sandwich said she is expensive, so if you have a strategy like claim jump where you just want a bunch of dudes around she is not the best choice.

Jack Daw is awesome for a lot of reason, but the reason I like most is the opportunity to get more VPs. Can easily turn a draw into a victory. He has good synergy with Seamus and Bete because he can make the opponent drop cards to make those auto-kill triggers easier to pull off. Also no cheating and no soulstones is very powerful. Just send him into their crew, as he is very difficult to kill if you are careful with your cards unless they have magical weapons.

tl;dr waiting until you know your strategy before you create a list will greatly improve your chances of winning

Cheers guys for the awesome advice.

Had a bit of a tweak to this general list and came up with:

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter
--
4 Cache

Copycat Killer [2ss]

• Bete Noire
    [9ss]

• Jack Daw
    [10ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

Also having now come out of 40k got to get used to the fact that everything is decided and then you pick your crews, so variation is key dependent upon strategy etc :rock:

• 2 weeks later...